Working Moms

If you use Bright Horizons - infant/toddler rates?

So, DS is about to move up to the toddler room and we are being told that the rate will not change.  When DD transitioned a couple of years ago there was a decent tuition difference between the infant room and the toddler room.  Our center says it is a corporate change for Bright Horizons nationwide.  Just curious if anyone else is seeing this, because it sounds weird to me based on the difference in ratios.

ETA:  WA state ratios are 1:4 for infants and 1:7 for toddlers, so it's a big difference...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you use Bright Horizons - infant/toddler rates?

• DS1 started from the toddler group but I remember seeing the full matrix of prices when they gave the 2012-2013 rates and the infant and toddler were the same. As were the preschool and pre-K. At least for us, both infant and toddler rooms need a 1-4 ratio of teachers I think.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our infant/teacher ratio is 4:1.  Our toddler/teacher ratio is 5:1.  The rate went down $29/week from infant to toddlers.  We are at a Bright Horizons sponsored by my company.
    Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• Loading the player...
  • DD was in an infant room until early January, we were paying ~$1100/month for that. She is now in the toddler room for about $1000/month.

Also, from my experience Bright Horizons is full of sh*t about most of their policies. Our BH tells us that they have all kinds of 'corporate' policies that, upon my investigation, other BH centers do not have.

::Takes deep breaths and counts to ten::

BH, in general, offers great child care, but at the same time I have had many frustrations with them.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• imageBrit's Luna154:

DD was in an infant room until early January, we were paying ~$1100/month for that. She is now in the toddler room for about $1000/month.

Also, from my experience Bright Horizons is full of sh*t about most of their policies. Our BH tells us that they have all kinds of 'corporate' policies that, upon my investigation, other BH centers do not have.

::Takes deep breaths and counts to ten::

BH, in general, offers great child care, but at the same time I have had many frustrations with them.

Thank you - that is exactly how I feel.  It just sounds and feels like a line of BS, and it would not be the first time.  

• Infant is $2,136

Toddler is $1,912

(Yay for Boston)

• imageArkansasMom22:
    Is it possible they had a rate increase causing the same price? At DS's daycare we started in the the infant room at a special rate of $165/week. Since we did a pre-enrollment thing we will never pay more than $165, and now the infant rates are up to $180. When we move to the toddler room I don't think our rate will decrease due to the special rate we got, since the toddler room is around $160/week now and we still have time before he gets there (he is only 8 mths now!)

Unfortunately, no.  Everyone pays the same rates and rate increases go into effect at the same time each year for everyone.  There may be special circumstances out there that are exceptions, but I am definitely not one of them.

• I toured a bright horizon and it was about 150 more per week for infants 6weeks-18 months than the place i chose. I remember their rates did change after 18 weeks since the ratio changes, and I was going to look into it again. I also didn't like how cold the infant room felt & LO would have been the only one there full time
  • This probably doesn't help you at all since it's from 2011 and not the infant to toddler transition, but DD went from the young toddler room to the older toddler room and tuition dropped from $1,385 to $1,285
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageblondie10m:
    Our infant/teacher ratio is 4:1.  Our toddler/teacher ratio is 5:1.  The rate went down $29/week from infant to toddlers.  We are at a Bright Horizons sponsored by my company.

All this, except full week monthly tuition drops $117 from infant to toddler. 

My Chart TTC Since Nov 2010 BFP 12.29.10, M/C 1.13.11 BFP#2 8/25/11 DD born 5/4/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"