Military Families

pregnant and on active duty

How did your PT program change once you got your BFP? Every other post i have been to has had a pregnancy pt program, but my current base is too small and does not offer one. Instead I will be doing PT everyday with my unit. What exercise modifications have you noticed in the pregnancy program?I would like to know what i should stay away from and what I should incorporate now that I am pregnant. Thank you!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: pregnant and on active duty

• At first I did try to keep up with the regular PT, but I found the Army's new PRT uncomfortable so that's when I just started breaking off and doing my own thing.  Also, my unit does some really weird (I'm sorry, "creative") PT - most of which was either uncomfortable or painful, or made me dizzy.  Specifically, I didn't like twisting, rapidly bending over and standing up, doing tons of jumping, laying on my stomach, doing full crunches from laying flat on my back, or lifting really heavy weights.

Now I just show up for formation then do my own thing.  Normally that involves 30 minutes of cardio in the gym (there's usually ice outside so that's why I stay inside) followed by 30 minutes of weight lifting (bicepts, tricepts, shoulder press, side and front lifts, or chest and back machines).  I also use some pregnancy DVD's at home that have more pregnancy-specific and core exercises.

I suggest you check out some pregnancy-specific workout books and DVD's.  They should give you a  good idea of what's appropriate.  Your post/base library might have some.  I ordered mine from Amazon. 

• we dont pt together so pt is always on your own. but i am high risk (and will always be) so no working out for me.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Loading the player...
  • Each of our squadrons held its own PT.  There was no specific pregnancy program.  I just signed in and then did my own thing, which was to go on the elliptical. 

Is there an exercise physiologist you can meet with?  I didn't realize that I could meet with one while I was pregnant, but I met with one after my maternity leave.  He was extremely helpful and designed a program for me to get back in shape. 

Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehilwithonelary:

Each of our squadrons held its own PT.  There was no specific pregnancy program.  I just signed in and then did my own thing, which was to go on the elliptical. 

Is there an exercise physiologist you can meet with?  I didn't realize that I could meet with one while I was pregnant, but I met with one after my maternity leave.  He was extremely helpful and designed a program for me to get back in shape. 

This is good advice. I will definitely look into this.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"