Pregnant after 35

TMI/funny question...

For those women who have been pregnant before and/or are more than 25 weeks pregnant:

What do you do when your belly is just too huge (or your baby is in a position that doesn't allow you to bend in a way) to permit you to reach your undercarriage? There are times when I'm finding it difficult to perform proper hygiene down under because the baby is positioned in a way that I can't bend in half without feeling like something is going to tear or poke out the other side of my body and then my arms just can't reach that far.

I need a hand-held/traveling bidet or something. LOL This was NOT addressed in any of the pregnancy books!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: TMI/funny question...

• Are you refering to shaving your lady bits....or just general cleaning.  I have found that i can maneuver myself into some (quite unattractive) positions to make it necessary to get to my lady bits.  (As long as no one ever has to witness this event I can later deny it.....lol)

You might have to get your SO to help you out....I know....SO ROMANTIC....but we do what we have to do, right?

Edit:  BTW your husband looks like one of my bosses here at work....every time I see your picture (when you post) I have to do a 'double-take'   I know it is NOT my boss....him/his wife are not expecting right now.....but still.....every time I see your picture..... :)

• General cleaning has become, uh, interesting. A wide-legged squat will still generally work, or you can try standing and putting one hand down your back and then reaching that way. I understand now why some people have issues with toileting.

On a related note, I can no longer cut my own toenails. My DH had to do it last night.

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had that issue yet as far as lady cleaning when going to the bathroom. But I still shave down there just around the bikini line and basically do it blind since I can't see below. Not a smart thing but I don't want to look like an animal.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Oh and clipping my toenails is really difficult. I'm not a pedi person but I may need to start going soon just to have them trim my nails. DH will not do it LOL.

BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)

• Are you talking about after using the toilet? I managed to reach, but it wasn't always easy. Peeing in the cup at the OB's office for each appt was a messy affair too and I never found a solution for that.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • For shaving, what I did with DD near the end was to put one leg up.  I have a thing called a Shower Step in my stand-up shower stall, and it worked nicely for that.  The side of a tub would also work, just make sure you have some rubber under your feet.  I think it would also work for cleaning.  I haven't quite gotten there with this pregnancy (credit my tallness I guess lol), but that's what worked for me last time.
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • I am SO glad that I am not alone in this!

I am also glad that for a few months before I got pregnant, I had redeemed a coupon for laser hair treatment of my bikini line, so luckily, that is much tamer than it would have been otherwise.

I had not even thought about the peeing in the cup at the OB's, though! I'm totally screwed about that! My only hope, now that I think about it, is that it may be warm enough in April and May (when I'm really huge) that I can wear dresses, which may make it easier not pee on my pants when I'm aiming for the cup!
    *********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• imagedanieleandwayne:

I had not even thought about the peeing in the cup at the OB's, though! I'm totally screwed about that! My only hope, now that I think about it, is that it may be warm enough in April and May (when I'm really huge) that I can wear dresses, which may make it easier not pee on my pants when I'm aiming for the cup!

Yeah I can't even see the cup anymore, so more often than not, I'm peeing on my hand.  I have to go by sound.  If I don't hear any pee going into the toilet, then it must be going in the cup!

BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)

• Nope you are not alone.  Dealing with that area is definitely becoming more difficult.  Luckily I'm pretty flexible lol. 
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I can still reach to wipe and wash, but there are times in the shower that I wish we had one of those detachable showerheads so I could just point and shoot to clean myself up.

I prop my leg up ont he side of the tub to shave, but I am only doing bikini area and using the trimmer blind, not really "cleaning the yard" like I uesd to.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yep! I'm 37 weeks now but when I first became pregnant I never even imagined this being a problem. The shaving....I have totally given up on. A few weeks ago I tried to shave but because of my belly, it was not comfortable to do so. That being said I did it blindly and I actually became winded. Because I became winded, I did a "rush job" and I shaved with no rhyme, reason or pattern. The growing back made me so itchy, that it felt worse than having the forest down there. And when I itch, I scratch like a crazy woman, which in turn the scratching ends up leaving me literally scratched. Try peeing with scratched up lips down there. (sorry for TMI description)

So I've gotten to the point I just don't care about the forest. And yes peeing in the cup is very difficult at this point. It actually ends up on your hands and even though no one knows and it's actually your own pee, you so somehow feel embarrassed and degraded. LOL. I am truly humbled with this pregnancy experience.

• Thankfully, I'm not worried about the shaving. I had some laser treatments before I got pregnant and that has helped tremendously. I'm just talking about wiping after peeing-- I have a detachable shower head, so cleaning in the shower is not as hard (only the soaping up and scrubbing part is).

I'm just glad I'm not alone.

FYI-- you should see how much fun it is trying to wipe in the middle of the night when I have my carpal tunnel braces on! Fun times, fun times...

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Thanks for the laughs ladies!

I am only 20 weeks, so these things are just starting to get awkward. Nice to hear what I have to look forward to! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"