May 2012 Moms
Options

S/O about LO feeding themselves...

Kyler really has no interest what-so-ever for feeding him self.  I put different things on his tray and really try to get him to pick it up and feed it to himself, but the furthest he has gotten with picking it up (then throwing it).

any advice how to help him to start putting it into his mouth?

thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O about LO feeding themselves...

• Options
    When you feed your LO, do you do it at the table where you are eating? I think in our case, LO learned from watching us eat as we always have him at the table with us at meals (unless he's asleep). LO was chewing on the loose ends of his high chair straps at dinner (which is how we knew it was time to start giving him food instead of just having him sit and watch). But we also never fed LO in the first place, LO has always self fed.
  • Options
    He will be ready when he wants to. : my dd would watch us eat and make chewing motions so we started letting her try puffs which they gum down on and dissolve.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I guess it totally makes sense that they learn by association, and seeing us eat would help him... but I feed him while dinner is being cooked, so he is finished by the time we sit to eat... 

I think I am going to try and hold off on feeding him until we eat, and feed him while we are eating, in hoping he catches on...

Thanks girls! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My dd won't feed herself either. It's so frustrating! I know she can because she'll occasionally put her sippy in her mouth. Doc said just to encourage her by taking pieces off my plate and putting them on her tray. She will play with it before I eventually feed her. I think it will take time and they will get tired of waiting on us
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    DD sits in her bouncer beside us at the table while we eat and we give her bites of our food then after we're finished, she goes into her high chair and eats but that usually spoon fed, oatmeal and fruit or veggie
  • Options
    DD has always just watched us and wanted to grab at what I have and "copy" me. She started drinking from my water bottle at Halloween because she saw me drink from it at a party. As for food, pretty much the same and if she's not interested right away, I pop it in her mouth she generally continues on her own once she's got the taste.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"