Military Families
Options

San Diego Moms - where did you deliver?

I'm Prime right now, and I see Dr. Richards at Balboa, who leaves me more and more uncomfortable every time I see him.(ETA, I see him specifically for being high risk.) I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch to Standard, but now I'm nervous about picking a hospital/OB. People seem to really like delivering at Balboa, but I'm just not comfortable with my OB anymore.

I'm hoping to go Med Free, and while Mary Birch has excellent reviews, a lot of reviewers say they push meds heavily and have a very high c-section rate.

Scripps La Jolla has great reviews, but it's a little farther than I was hoping for.

Any feedback? On hospitals or OB's you loved/hated?

Re: San Diego Moms - where did you deliver?

• Options

I'm Standard and delivered at UCSD Hillcrest. 

I was Prime at the start of my sons pregnancy, but switched midway because I didn't feel comfortable with my care at Balboa (I was seeing a doc at the big hospital as well).  I have absolutely no regrets about switching. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    imageJunebug060609:

I'm Standard and delivered at UCSD Hillcrest. 

I was Prime at the start of my sons pregnancy, but switched midway because I didn't feel comfortable with my care at Balboa (I was seeing a doc at the big hospital as well).  I have absolutely no regrets about switching. 

Thanks for this! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are uncomfortable, definitely switch.  Both of my kids were born in VA at NMCP (one was fine, the other was awful).  Two of my friends have had babies at Scripps La Jolla and have been very happy with their experiences.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

I won't be much help since I delivered at Balboa and had great care from my OB's and from the hospital.

My sister-in-law delivered at Mary Birch. She seemed to really like it. It was a good while ago so I don't remember specifics about meds or whatnot. Nice facility though.

Good luck! Wish things were going better with your OB!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerVisit my Etsy shop for adorable baby bows: Rachelle's Baby Boutique
  • Options
    I don't have any advice to offer, but I'll keep what you've said in mind when we pcs to San Diego in May. We have Prime and have gotten terrific care in VA at Ft. Belvoir and Bethesda Naval. I'm assuming I'll go to Balboa as we want to live in Ocean Beach/Point Loma area and Balboa seems closest. Not excited about having to change hospitals and drs halfway through my pregnancy, but what can you do? Here we come sunny San Diego!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're at camp Pendleton and I got to the naval hospital on base. There are a few women who drive all the way to balboa for their care and deliveries. They say they are treated badly at the naval hospital here but I have never ha a bad experience! I've always been treated well and with respect. The only problem with standard is you'll have copays and deductibles. If tricare doesn't like something your dr billed for they won't pay. Be careful. Tricare can be a pain.
  • Options

This isn't an option for high risk pregnancies, and I'm nowhere near ready to TTC, but before H got new orders making us have to move, I was doing research about delivering at https://www.beststartbirthcenter.com/index.html

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"