San Diego Babies

back is killling me need advice

Im just starting my 25th week and Im starting to have back aches especially when Im about ready to go to bed. I have a body pillow and Im trying to get in comfortable positions but nothing seems to work. by the time Im exhausted from tossing and tuning I dont care how much pain im in I just want to sleep at tht point. My Husband has been very good every night massaging my lower back especially but I dont know how I can get more comfortable. im going in for our check up on monday but until then how can i relax and get comfortable? please help 

Re: back is killling me need advice

• Have you picked up a pregnancy pillow?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, i have one and im still really uncomfortable. :(

i have gotten prenatal massage about two weeks ago and i think im going to go get another one this weekend.

• Loading the player...
  • Hmmm... What position do you normally sleep in? They say sleeping on your left side with a pillow under your legs is supposed to be best when pregnant. Maybe try a wedge pillow so you can be slightly inclined?

When I am sore before bed, I make sure to stretch before I lay down. Try Googling pregnancy stretches. One that helps me the most is to put my left knee on the ground, right foot on the ground with toe flexed amd touching the floor and lift my left arm to the sky. I don't even know if that makes sense, but I can try to search for a picture if it doesn't.

• thank you so much! i will try that i dont know why i didnt think to strech before bed. pregnant brain perhaps? ill give google a search.

thank you again!  

• Pregnancy brain has struck me too! Hope stretching helps!

• Have you tried chiropractic care? I'm not sure where you are located, but some chiropractors have specific training in working with pregnant women.  The technique is called webster technique and it is gentle and effective in treating many ailments pregnant women often experience.  Feel free to e-mail me at cskutleydc@gmail.com if you would like more information/research.  I am a pediatric chiropractor and also Webster Technique certified.  I think prenatal massage is also a great idea! You might also look into acupuncture :)
  • Pelvic tilts, childs pose and downward dogs are wonderful to relieve back pain. Prenatal Yoga classes really help with those too!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"