January 2012 Moms
Options

Judging Thursday anyone?

I judge parents who let their little children use electronics for entertainment. A Facebook friend posted today about her 4 year old playing with her Nintendo DS while listening to music on her IPod and watching a movie on TV. I think that is ridiculous.

Re: Judging Thursday anyone?

• Options

imagebobbi5342:
    I judge parents who let their little children use electronics for entertainment. A Facebook friend posted today about her 4 year old playing with her Nintendo DS while listening to music on her IPod and watching a movie on TV. I think that is ridiculous.

I agree! DS will play matching or tic tac toe on our phones from time to time when waiting at a restaurant or when we're at the doctor's in the waiting room, but never at home just for fun.

Mine is I judge parents who regularly feed fast food to their children. I know a woman who alternates between McDonald's and Burger King for her three children's dinner...nightly. She was wondering if it seemed like her 6 year old DD was too young to be having high blood pressure issues... um, I have a feeling that's just the tip of that iceberg.

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I judge all of the parents at my DC who let their kids eat the food. It is pure junk. There is no way that I would let DD eat it.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I judge parents who don't teach and let their kids be more responsible.

When I was in first grade I packed my own bag and I knew what books I needed  and it was my responsibility and I knew to write down my homework.

100% of parents I've talked to so far pack their 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc graders bags and have to check if they have homework and they always tell me that kids that young can't understand or grasp that sort of responsibility. I completely disagree. Maybe I'm judge worthy for that when I was growing up it was completely normal for kids to do that.... I wasn't forced I was tought to do it.

My coworker's 11 year old keeps losing her retainer (she's on her 4th one in a year!!) And my coworker just says" well she's too young to remember to put it back in the bag after she's eaten lunch etc.

I don't get it, I think kids are babied way too much and I judge parents for it.

I get that kids are different and in no way am I saying I'll simply ignore my kids and force them to "figure it out". But what I'm saying I will spend the time to teach them and let them learn and be independant with things like that.

• Options
    I judge parents who don't pick up after their kids. If you are at someone's house or out in public and your toddler makes a mess out of toys, with food or whatever and you just pack up and leave without cleaning it up then you are an asshat.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    I agree...we always pick up food that gets dropped in a restaurant and wipe down the mess. I can believe the messes I've seen people leave.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebigbear:

I judge parents who don't teach and let their kids be more responsible.

When I was in first grade I packed my own bag and I knew what books I needed  and it was my responsibility and I knew to write down my homework.

100% of parents I've talked to so far pack their 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc graders bags and have to check if they have homework and they always tell me that kids that young can't understand or grasp that sort of responsibility. I completely disagree. Maybe I'm judge worthy for that when I was growing up it was completely normal for kids to do that.... I wasn't forced I was tought to do it.

My coworker's 11 year old keeps losing her retainer (she's on her 4th one in a year!!) And my coworker just says" well she's too young to remember to put it back in the bag after she's eaten lunch etc.

I don't get it, I think kids are babied way too much and I judge parents for it.

I get that kids are different and in no way am I saying I'll simply ignore my kids and force them to "figure it out". But what I'm saying I will spend the time to teach them and let them learn and be independant with things like that.

Judge all you want, but I fully plan on packing my kids lunches until they graduate.  It has nothing to do with responsibility and everything to do with it just being something I want to do.  An act of love during their school years.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options

Well packing your child's lunch is different! I will be packing my children's lunches, too. (maybe not quite through higschool ;))

But I will teach my child the understanding of responsibility, awareness and appreciation of things.

• Options

I judge people who think that electronic gadgets and technology will be the demise of their children.  Obviously in moderation, but I want my girls to be able to use an ipad and smart phone and be able to use technology.  And they play with electronic gadgets at our house.  Duh, they also read books and stuff but I want my kids exposed to technology.

And no this wasn't in direct response to an PP above, I was actually thinking of other people who don't let their toddlers play with any electronic gadgets. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"