January 2012 Moms
Options

Are your LOs still eating...

...jarred baby food or purees? DS is 13.5 months old and eating table food but is going thru a picky stage. I still give him jarred food/purees though it's a crapshoot lately if he'll eat those, too. Just curious if your babes are still getting this stuff, too.

Re: Are your LOs still eating...

• Options
    DS is an incredibly difficult eater. he will eat table food but it's a fight so yes he still eats purees/ jars. right now he seems to only want really soft foods yogurt, cheese, diced peaches and pears, and purees.

he's a little underweight as it is 18 percentile so I don't worry too much about what he's eating just as long as he's eating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My LO only eats the pouches if she eats any baby food at all.  She won't let me spoon feed her anymore. 

I will say that the little boy that I watch (turned 4 last Dec) and still eats jarred baby food!  So you are fine :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Layla refused to ever eat a puree.  I tried for 2 months and finally started giving her finger foods and that is the only way she will eat.  I guess I need to start giving her a spoon soon or she will never learn, lol.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    We're fortunate that ds will eat anything under the sun. I never did jarred baby food because I always made our own but we do gerber fruit pur?e. I still give them to him sometimes mixed with oatmeal for breakfast or for a snack during the day. For the most part though he eats what we are eating.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options

No, DD hasn't had any purees since November. At some point she started refusing to let me feed her, so we went to all finger foods.

ETA: I feed her some verson of what we are having. Today her meals look like this:

Breakfast: whole wheat bagel w/ricotta cheese, milk
    Lunch: avocado, white bean, and hummus sandwich on whole wheat, peas and carrots, milk
    Snack: mango, whole wheat crackers, milk
    Dinner: 1/2 lentil burger and avocado on whole wheat, steamed broccoli, milk

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageBrit's Luna154:

No, DD hasn't had any purees since November. At some point she started refusing to let me feed her, so we went to all finger foods.

ETA: I feed her some verson of what we are having. Today her meals look like this:

Lunch: avocado, white bean, and hummus sandwich on whole wheat, peas and carrots, milk

How do you feed the bagel with ricotta and the sandwich?  DS is still struggling with taking bites of something (as opposed to having things broken up into bite size pieces) so I can never figure out how to give him those things.

She doesn't eat those things the way that I would, she completely disassembles sandwiches/burgers and bites and/or rips the components into pieces that she can manage. It is a pretty messy undertaking, but she manages.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Options

My DD is back to eating better now, even though still quite picky.

She's for the most part refusing anything with the spoon. Sunday was the first time after about 2 weeks that I was able to give her some pureed food (I still try to do this as she's picky with veggies and I need to make sure she gets those in somehow)

We are now learning to self spoon feed and that has caused at least some fun and excitement on her part so I'm hoping with that she'll get a bit better...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do the pouches to make sure DS gets more green veggies. We dont use them as a meal, but rather as a snack, or a "filler" if he is being extra picky about his meal to ensure he is still getting enough calories.
  • Options

No purees here.

The only thing soft that she has is yogurt.

We've started working on spoon feeding.  I put something on the spoon and let her grab it and put it in her mouth. 

I try to sneak veggies into meals.  Last night's lasagna had yellow squash, mushrooms, and extra tomatoes in the sauce. 

• Options

yes.

I made a bunch of butternut squash and white bean puree and froze it. then our dr. told us that we shouldn't been spoon feeding him anymore since his weight is out of proportion to his height (we don't restrict his food at all, but he's supposed to feed himself exclusively). so we're finishing it out because he likes it so much.

he also had squeeze pouches when we're on-the-go.

• Options

DD has been on all table foods since 10 months, but because I was so tired of fighting with her to try and eat them. She HATED purees. I finally stopped pushing them and she hasn't looked back. She's now an awesome eater! Just this week when she added an afternoon snack I've gotten in the habit of sometimes giving her one of the pouches since she can eat them independently. My son loves the kiddie applesauce in those pouches so if a big kid is doing it, she will, too.

She loves yogurt, though, so I unloaded all of the homemade purees in the freezer  day by day adding them into plain yogurt. Just a thought if you have lots of extras that you don't want to go to waste. 

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We really haven't used jarred baby food at all. At DC they did but since she turned one they just give her table food bc that's what we feed her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    imageBrit's Luna154:

This sounds like my 13 month old.  She east anything under the sun and pretty much skipped purees.  She also has a bunch of teeth and has had teeth since she was alike 5 months old.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"