Dads & Dads-to-be

Back again - this time for good (I hope)

So, to be honest I had no thoughts of being back here so soon. As some of you might remember - my wife had a missed miscarriage in early December at week 12. Easily the worst day of my life - followed by the worst few weeks of my life.

She got her first post D&C period on Jan 12 - and we just decided to not "really" try - but instead focus on us after such a traumatic experience.

This morning she woke up at 3 am sick to her stomach. It was just odd and out of the ordinary.

And......now we know why. Yes, ladies and gentlemen - she's pregnant again!!!

So here we go again. really nervous after what happened just 2 short months ago - but excited for the second chance (and amazed that she got pregnant both times in the first month).

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Back again - this time for good (I hope)

• And does anyone know how to change the ticker thing at the bottom?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats!  

We went through the same thing, except it took us the 2nd month to get our son.  I'm not going to lie to you, you'll be a mix of cautiously excited and on edge for a while.  Hopefully all will work itself out for the best and you'll have as what a lot of the ladies on the other boards refer to as a "sticky baby". 

As far as the ticker thing, I don't know.

• Loading the player...
  • Total lurker here...but congrats!

You can change your ticker by going to my bump > settings (on the right) > and then avatar/ticker.

my blog - blogged bliss BFP 3/2/09 - EDD 11/10/2009 - Abigail born 10/27/2009
    BFP 12/23/12 - EDD 9/4/2013 - blighted ovum found 1/18/13 - d&c 1/25/13

My Ovulation Chart
  • Congratulations to the both of you
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you everyone. It's been a bit of a shock as we had given up on Jan/Feb and were anxiously awaiting the next opportunity.

As for the ticker - the delete don't seem to take.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • And just as I wrote that - the delete seems to have taken. Thanks for everyone's help!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome back! I remember this well because my wife and yours had almost the exact same due date and I purposely didn't tell her about your loss so she wouldn't worry. (Our due date has since been moved up) I am glad to see you back, and I hope everything goes great this time around!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome back!  We had a very similar experience.  It definitely can put you in a different mindset the second time around.  Just try to stay positive and not worry about the ifs and coulds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"