November 2011 Moms
Options

High Chair Status

Should we be transitioning our LOs to booster seats? Is everyone still using a high chair? I'm not sure what's next... I'd love to know what you're all using at meal times!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: High Chair Status

• Options
    We are still putting DD in her Space Saver. I don't see that changing for a while because she definitely still needs the multiple belts. She tends to dance and throw herself around a bit when she gets excited eating. :-)
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS1 still needs a high chair.  He needs all the straps or he will get out and wander.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're still using a highchair. DS isn't bad about sitting, but right now I can't easily access the other side of our table where he'd be sitting. I think my DD was moved to a booster seat at this age.
  • Options
    We're still using the space saver. We haven't used the straps in months but I don't think he would sit still without having the tray there.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    we are still using the space saver but at restaurants we started using just a booster seat and she really likes that! She sits better actually!
  • Options
    She is still in her Space Saver.  I transitioned DD1 to a booster seat around 21 months.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We never used a high chair.  DD has been in the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster since she started solids at 6 months

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesmilelari:
    We never used a high chair.  DD has been in the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster since she started solids at 6 months

Us, too.  She was wobbly at first, but it's awesome now.  For restaurants, we sometimes bring the regalo clip on chair just so that she is at a good height at the table since sometimes the HCs there are lower and uncomfortable to eat at for her.  We'll be sticking with the booster for a while. 

• Options

We've been using the Fisher Price booster seat since a year.  The high chair takes up too much room in our small kitchen.  LO doesn't seem to mind and behaves well when sitting.  Other than the absolute mess that is the chair under it, this works out well. 

• Options
    We are still using the high chair and probably will until DD can sit in a real chair, a booster seat seems unnecessary.
  • Options

imagesmilelari:

This is us, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageNatty13umppo:

imagesmilelari:

This is us, too.

This booster seat looks like my high chair, we have the Space Saver. Do you use the tray? Or do you pull her up to the table? My issue is that when I take the tray off, the arms of the seat hit at table level so I can't scoot her in to the table to eat at the table with us...

• Options
    imageMrsCaddyshack:
    imageNatty13umppo:

imagesmilelari:

This is us, too.

This booster seat looks like my high chair, we have the Space Saver. Do you use the tray? Or do you pull her up to the table? My issue is that when I take the tray off, the arms of the seat hit at table level so I can't scoot her in to the table to eat at the table with us...

We're still using the tray, but the booster doesn't have arms and we have the deluxe version, so the height is adjustable.  I think we stopped using the tray at about 18 months with DS and we'll probably do something similar.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In the 1 year old room at DC, they do not use high chairs, so naturally at home DS does not want to use a high chair. We went and bought a booster and he loves eating at the table with us. He has actually become a better eater. :)
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"