November 2011 Moms
Options

lo's with teeth...

my dd has a mouth full of teeth that i brush in the am and pm. however i just noticed today that she has some plaque on her teeth!!! gross. is it way too early for regular toothpaste???
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: lo's with teeth...

• Options
    I only brush DS's teeth once a day (I can hardly even remember to work that into our schedule Embarrassed) but we use regular toothpaste. I have seen mixed advice. But the monthly emails I get for DS from my health insurance said to just put a "smear" of fluoride toothpaste on his toothbrush. DS also knows to spit after brushing his teeth so I think he is ok.
    I'd ask your pedi or dentist if you are nervous though.
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Options
    They have "training" toothpaste for toddlers that is safe for them to swallow.  I was just thinking ti get some for LO but I wanted to see if BRU had a better selection.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 3 year old still doesn't spit her toothpaste out, so we're still using training toothpaste.  We brush once a day for about 1 minute and we haven't had any buildup yet.  My niece had some brown/black buildup on her teeth and her pedi recommended using a washcloth to wipe down the teeth.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We brush with fluoride free toothpaste 2x a day. If he fights it then I use a washcloth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"