VBAC

Preaching to the choir

... but I just need to get this out somewhere. So frustrated!

Background: Had c/s with L due to FTP (but also poor heart tones + meconium combo). Stuck at 7 for four hours when they called for the section. I believe I would've finished dilating had I been able to get up and move, but I was confined to laying on my left side because of the heart tones.

Anyway. I hate hate hate that I have to fight/defend myself over wanting a vbac. I mean, vbac should be the DEFAULT OBVIOUS first option.

So, I had a midwife group with L, and they are fantastic. I love them. But they aren't allowed to do vbacs. So I have to find a new provider. And I went for a consult today which went exactly how I expected it to go. He was nice, and said they will let me have a trial of labor, but he basically said that he doesn't know why I would want to go through all that when I can just easy-peasy schedule a RCS. Well that doesn't give me a lot of confidence that they will be supportive in the end.

UGH. Makes me want to scream. And cry. Blah. I just feel like it should be the other way around: that you should have to fight and beg for a RCS, not for the vbac. 

:Off to go pout in the corner: 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Preaching to the choir

• Amen to that.
    "What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • My dr. is exactly the same way, I wish I could find the courage to tell her off, but timidness is something that does run in the family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd look around and see if you can find another provider or at least a doula.  It sounds like you don't trust/have confidence in him and that can really effect your attitude.  Knowing my provider was 100% in my corner and that she wouldn't intervene unless it was truly necessary, allowed be to relax and not be so defensive.  I really believe that my positive and open mindset during induction helped me progress quickly. 

I know exactly how you feel and it SUCKS to fight for what you know is the right choice for you.  Hugs and Goodluck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecchill01:
    I'd look around and see if you can find another provider or at least a doula.nbsp; It sounds like you don't trust/have confidence in himnbsp;and that can really effect your attitude.nbsp; Knowing my provider was 100 in my corner and that she wouldn't intervene unless it was truly necessary, allowed be to relax and not be so defensive.nbsp; I really believe that my positive and opennbsp;mindset during induction helped me progress quickly.nbsp; I know exactly how you feel and it SUCKS to fight for what you know is the right choice for you.nbsp; Hugs and Goodluck!

This. I am switching to a midwife group that not only supports VBACs, but has a great success rate and only a 12 cs rate. If you don't have trust in your dr now, you never will. Do you have an ICAN chapter that meets near you? I just went to a meeting that was all about VBACs and I feel so much better about my decision. And I think I met my potential doula, which I'm realizing will make a world of difference. GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aw, that is frustrating. And yes, VBAC should be on the table for all women. Does your MW group have any recommendations for other providers, or was that guy their recommendation? I agree that it sounds like it's worth looking around for someone else. Good luck!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Thanks ladies for commiserating with me.

I do have several other options for OBs, or even midwives if I wanted to deliver in a birth center. My frustration lies in the fact that I have to go on a scavenger hunt to find someone, when wanting a vbac just shouldn't be a big deal in the first place. It feels backwards and unfair. 

My midwives recommendation was to deliver in a hospital that's about an hour and a half away. They have an amazing vbac rate, and all their providers are known for being super pro-vbac. My local ican chapter recommends this also. I need to do some research on it though, because I admit I am apprehensive about being that drive while in labor. 

Thanks again! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My vbac hospital was over an hour away. It was amazing and so worth it. The drive while in labor wasn't that bad.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"