Pregnant after 35

intro

Hi ladies! I know I introduced myself on my BMB and first tri, but I don't think I have here.

DH and I are both 38 and are expecting baby number 3. This pg was a surprise and we are happy, but I am very aprehensive about my age and all. That amd the fact that my littles ones will be spaced 7 years apart from 13 to 6 to this new blessing.

I'm finding myself gripped with fear and honestly have not allowed myself to think about anything other than getting through each day. I really hope that I can let go of the worry and begin looking forward to baby things.

It doesn't help that every single person we've told has made comments that aren't really rude, but definitely let us know they think we're too old. Things that elude to the fact that they feel sorry for us. I'm getting to where I don't share it with people.

Anyhoo, looking forward to meeting other 35 plus mommies and learning from each others experiences.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: intro

• Welcome!  You are in good company - this was also a surprise pregnancy for us but that's because I'm 44 (45 at delivery) and my DH is 50.  This will be our 4th child, ages 15, 12, and 4 (almost 5 at delivery).  We are devout Catholic's so we'll have a strong support system, once we actually tell people, but I'm sure we'll get WAY more comments about our age!  Congratulations!  (and the worrying NEVER stops but you'll settle in and make peace with it)  When are you due?
    Jessica (44) married to DH (50) for 17 years DD - 3/27/98 DD - 01/11/01 DS - 09/30/08
  • imagemamajess68:
    Welcome!nbsp; You are in good company this was also a surprise pregnancy for us but that's because I'm 44 45 at delivery and my DH is 50.nbsp; This will be our 4th child, ages 15, 12, and 4 almost 5 at delivery.nbsp; We are devout Catholic's so we'll have a strong support system, once we actually tell people, but I'm sure we'll get WAY more comments about our age!nbsp; Congratulations!nbsp; and the worrying NEVER stops but you'll settle in and make peace with. itnbsp; When are you due?

Thanks so much! I'm due Sept 7th.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome! Sorry to here people are so rude. Where I live, couples starting families in their mid to late 30's is fairly common, so I haven't really dealt with any of that.

As time goes by, you'll be able to relax and enjoy things more. H & H 9 months! 

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • I'm 40, expecting number 2. My first is 10. My favorite comment lately was a surprised remark about the age difference. I am thrilled, my husband is thrilled, and my daughter keeps begging to babysit. I can't think of anyone else's opinion that matters. I am seeing a midwife and refuse to label myself high risk just because of age. I know too many women who had terrific pregnancies and births who were older.
  • I hate to hear that you are getting the old comments. I too have many friends who have started their families later in life. I am turning 40 6 days before our third child will be born. All three will be under the age of 3! Besides isn't 40 the new 20? Good luck!
  • Welcome
    Number 2 will show up when I turn 40. I cant believe people have brought up your age. So many people are starting families at this age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats on your pregnancy! Don't listen to the naysayers or buy into their negativity--if you are in generally good health, you should have a perfectly lovely pregnancy. I will be 42 when I deliver my first in April and my pregnancy has been a complete yawner--great BP, no GD, normal weight gain, and all systems go with our baby boy. There's no reason to expect trouble just because of your age.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Congrats and welcome, I am also new here!  I wonder who at work is going to be brazen enough to ask about my age, I haven't quite figured out how I will respond.  Maybe I'll just say, "in my 30's" and drop the subject.  If they ask whether or not we had treatments I REALLY don't know what I'll say...THAT will be crossing the line.

It sounds like your other little ones are spaced out and old enough to maybe help out a little bit.  At least they are at ages where they might understand why the baby needs so much attention.  This is my first pregnancy after IVF, we might be having twins, I won't know for another week and 1/2 whether or not there are two in there which scares the heck out of me.  Anyway, good luck to you!!!

• Just wanted to show my support!  DH and were both 37 conceiving baby #1 DS was born after we turned 38.  We are both 39 now and Baby #2 will be born when we are 40.  Both babies were planned. I think if you are both healthy then you shouldn't have anymore worries than someone younger.  No preg.  is gaurenteed.  Just keep a healthy lifestyle and don't let rude people get you down.

Here's raising my milk glass to us all having happy, healthy, strong babies!

Me - 39 DH - 39 DS - 1 Due Date - 10-20-13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"