VBAC

Good Questions to ask Dr?

I'm due with DS#2 in June and plan to have a VBAC. The DR said it's okay as long as everything progresses normally. At my next appt I plan to ask her more of the specifics on that and what would lead me to having a r c/s. What are some good questions for me to ask her? For those that had (or attempted) a VBAC what are some things you'd wished you'd known before hand?

Thanks in advance!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Good Questions to ask Dr?

• Here are some from our local ICAN group that I think are helpful:

What procedures are routine in a VBAC labor?
    Are there any reasons you would recommend a repeat cesarean without a trial of labor?
    When do you consider a mom to be overdue? (in other words, if you don't go into labor by XX weeks, do they automatically schedule your for a rcs?)
    What is your policy on inducing vbac labor?
    Do you attend all of your patients births?  If not, what is the call schedule and who are the other doctors? (this is important because you would like ALL of the docs to be on board with a VBAC attempt and not be on the whim of who the doc on call is when you go into labor)

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"