Parenting

Weekend Warriors

Where are you? I need entertainment while DD naps and before I go run.

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: Weekend Warriors

• P just went down for her nap. I'm tired and I need to clean shiit up around my house but I'm too lazy/tired to do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageemkatrine:
    Home! Waiting for DS' nap time so I can start my accounting homework. Going for a run sounds really nice! My treadmill is folded up and hibernating.

I cannot for the life of me get a firm grasp on accounting. I took several courses and even had a tutor, and I still have no clue how it really works.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • I'm at work. Tired and bored :/

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLovesMM:
    P just went down for her nap. I'm tired and I need to clean shiit up around my house but I'm too lazy/tired to do it.

Same here.

// I love you too. //

• imageemkatrine:
    imageangeleighhh:
    I'm at work. Tired and bored :/

That stinks. Are you almost done or did you just get there?

I work 62 and it's 1045 now. so about 3 hours left.

it sucks.

• imageemkatrine:
    imagemissyleaferg:
    imageemkatrine:
    Home! Waiting for DS' nap time so I can start my accounting homework. Going for a run sounds really nice! My treadmill is folded up and hibernating.
    I cannot for the life of me get a firm grasp on accounting. I took several courses and even had a tutor, and I still have no clue how it really works.
    I love numbers and for everything to be quantified. I started working on my masters like a year ago even though my undergrad is completely unrelated and I have zero experience. Sometimes I'm like what the heck did I get myself into! Lol.

When I see someone solve anything more complicated than a simple multiplication/division, subtraction/addition, percentage, or fraction problem I'm like,

My grasp on mathematics is shaky at best.

// I love you too. //

• imageNativeFloridian:

imageLovesMM:
    P just went down for her nap. I'm tired and I need to clean shiit up around my house but I'm too lazy/tired to do it.

Same here.

My argument for not cleaning is H was doing insulation work in the attic, made a farking mess. Tomorrow he has plans to replace other things around the house so why start cleaning now when it's going to shiit tomorrow anyway? Just do one big clean when it's all done. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLovesMM:
    imageNativeFloridian:

imageLovesMM:

Same here.

My argument for not cleaning is H was doing insulation work in the attic, made a farking mess. Tomorrow he has plans to replace other things around the house so why start cleaning now when it's going to shiit tomorrow anyway? Just do one big clean when it's all done. 

Seems reasonable to me.

// I love you too. //

• imageNativeFloridian:

imageemkatrine:
    imagemissyleaferg:
    imageemkatrine:

I love numbers and for everything to be quantified. I started working on my masters like a year ago even though my undergrad is completely unrelated and I have zero experience. Sometimes I'm like what the heck did I get myself into! Lol.

When I see someone solve anything more complicated than a simple multiplication/division/subtraction/addition, percentage, or fraction problem I'm like,

lol same here

• I'm finally on! We got Rosie back from FIL's house. SMIL dropped her off this morning. I'm sitting here feeding Cade and drinking coffee.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm here! Missy did you get some cold weather running clothes?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagecolleenb262:
    I'm here! Missy did you get some cold weather running clothes?

I did! Unfortunately, my asthma doesn't dig any temps under 40 degrees. I run at the gym most days, because it's under 40 for most Iowa winters.

imageimage

• imageIrishCoffee7:
    Every time I hear "weekend warrior" I think of a former coworker who used that term to refer to her and her husband's sex life.nbsp; She was a few years older and had been married for awhile and at the time I thought it sucked that they only had sex on the weekends.
    Now we're lucky to have sex at least every weekend.nbsp; I have become a "weekend warrior".nbsp;
    That is my contribution to this thread.

I'll take it. And I am also a weekend warrior...

imageimage

• I've been having dreams of last nights dinner. I freaking love pulled barbeque chicken sammiches. I'm so hungry. Sad
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageemkatrine:
    imageangeleighhh:
    imageNativeFloridian:

imageemkatrine:
    imagemissyleaferg:
    imageemkatrine:

When I see someone solve anything more complicated than a simple multiplication/division/subtraction/addition, percentage, or fraction problem I'm like,

lol same here

So is it weird that I like doing my taxes? Like lurve it.

I mean, I think it's weird because I like numbers about as much as I like a poke in the eye.  But if I'm being objective then not really, lol.  I wish I liked math.  It'd be extraordinarily helpful if I did.  But it made my blacklist a long time ago.

// I love you too. //

• imageemkatrine:
    imageangeleighhh:
    imageNativeFloridian:

imageemkatrine:
    imagemissyleaferg:
    imageemkatrine:

lol same here

So is it weird that I like doing my taxes? Like lurve it.

No, what's weird is the Mormon ad on bump mobile right now.

imageimage

• I seem to have become suddenly incapable of cooking pasta and rice all the way through.  Huh?

I swear!  Pasta usually only takes 8 to 10-ish minutes to cook to the right consistency.  I just had that freaking macaroni cooking for, like, 15 minutes.  Come on!

The other day I made rice and that sh!t was cooking for over an hour.  I didn't do anything differently than normal!  I have managed to cook rice successfully since, like, forever.  But no, that night the entire top layer was crunchy.

Ugh, that's it.  I'm going for a drive.

// I love you too. //

• imageNativeFloridian:

I seem to have become suddenly incapable of cooking pasta and rice all the way through.  Huh?

I swear!  Pasta usually only takes 8 to 10-ish minutes to cook to the right consistency.  I just had that freaking macaroni cooking for, like, 15 minutes.  Come on!

The other day I made rice and that sh!t was cooking for over an hour.  I didn't do anything differently than normal!  I have managed to cook rice successfully since, like, forever.  But no, that night the entire top layer was crunchy.

Dood, I totally get it.  I swear I am a pretty decent cook, but I cannot for the life of me have rice turn out right.  I have given up in my attempt at eating more natural and bought the minute rice cups.  

imageimage

• imageIrishCoffee7:
    imagemissyleaferg:
    imageNativeFloridian:

I seem to have become suddenly incapable of cooking pasta and rice all the way through.  Huh?

Dood, I totally get it.  I swear I am a pretty decent cook, but I cannot for the life of me have rice turn out right.  I have given up in my attempt at eating more natural and bought the minute rice cups.  

Use a heavy-bottom pan (I prefer my Lodge ceramic-coated cast iron Dutch oven, kind of like Le Creuset only wayyyyyy cheaper)  and then never, ever take the lid off before the time is up.  You're welcome. 

~signed, a bumpie who was given this advice by another bumpie at least two years ago and has been eating perfect rice ever since.  Even brown rice.

LOL, f'ucking brown rice.  Ugh.

Also, because I am too lazy to quote again - I want a rice cooker SO BAD.  But I am poor.  I also don't have a cat to put inside of one.  Not even a long, stretched-out cat.

But I DO have a Dutch oven, so I'll give that a try because apparently using a regular pot isn't going to work for me anymore.

If I continue to fail at rice-making, then there are worse things we could eat than Minute Rice.  You've got to cut your losses sometime, right?

// I love you too. //

• Watching Netflix!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"