Natural Birth
Options

Gift for doula?

Hi! I am 39 weeks today, and we have a doula-in-training coming to help for the birth. She is working on certification, and so we got a steal of a deal :)

I was wondering what, if anything, most people give as a "thank you" gift for doulas. A tip? Something tangible?

Thanks for any ideas!! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Gift for doula?

• Options
    We loved our doula and she did an amazing job.  H and I gave her a nice tip so she could buy something she wanted.  We did not give her a gift because we did not to get her something that would just clutter her house.
  • Options
    Thanks! That's what I was thinking, too. If you don't mind me asking, did you tip a percentage of her fee? How much do you think is appropriate?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekatiep337:
    Thanks! That's what I was thinking, too. If you don't mind me asking, did you tip a percentage of her fee? How much do you think is appropriate?

We paid a flat fee of 500$ and gave a 20% tip.  She was amazing and really made my birth a peaceful, stress free experience.  I plan to use her again for my next LO.

• Options

As a doula, some of my favorites have been:

• gift cards to somewhere they knew I'd use (Amazon, bookstore, etc)
    • a potted orchid and a really lovely card
    • if you do tip, consider giving cash or a separate check as I pay a higher tax rate on client payments

That's very thoughtful of you and I'm sure you'll pick something great!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I sent her a picture of LO that said "i love my doula", and a doulas rock tshirt. we also gave her 50 extra on her 250 fee. she was also in training, hence the low fee. My labor was pretty short so i felt that was adequate! She was definitely an invaluable part of my birth esperience!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"