New to The Bump

Baby on the Brain! but deciding to wait

Hi everybody!

Although I have been a knottie for about a year and a half I've just recently jumped upon the bumpie board :)

My husband and I (30 and 23) were married last June in Ontario, and we are now living in Nova Scotia after getting posted here 2 days after our wedding (DH is in the Air Force). My DH has 2 boys, age 6 and 8 that are still in Ontario living with their mother.

My husband has wanted another child for a long while now, but I wanted to wait until I had finished up my degree before we started trying so that I could make sure I'd be able to finish school, and start a career so that I could help support our family.

I now only have 6 months left of school and so we have started talking more seriously about starting TTC. We have decided that in order to be a bit more financially prepared, or to take a bit of stress out of life with a newborn, that it would be smarter to wait until we have 1/2 of our credit card debt paid of before we start TTC (even though we, and especially me, are anxious to start trying NOW! lol). 

I haven't really found a place on the community boards for people who are waiting to TTC by choice, and so I just thought I'd introduce myself, say hi, and see if any one else could relate or has had similar experiences!

TTGP Jan Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

Workout FAIL!. .. actually about 1% of the male population CAN

So THAT's how you get into baby-making position!

imageDjhffrz4XcU3vY8JaKJ0mg2KTyzMU4IW_lg.jpg

Re: Baby on the Brain! but deciding to wait

• Hello! I have had a similar experince here on the boards. My DH and I are waiting to TTC because I just finished my degree, and we just bought a house (although I hope we don't wait too long!) I wish you luck. 

:) 

Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• I am waiting too - I dont think there is a pre-ttc board, but its a great idea! I would like to start ttc right now, but DH wants to wait for a few more months....oh well it will happen when it happens :-p

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The babies on the brain board is for women who are thinking about getting pregnant but not actively trying at the moment, for one reason or another.  That might be a good "home" for you guys.
    http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"