Natural Birth
Options

No wonder the c/s rate is so high!

I don't watch TV often, but was over at my mom's the other day and it was on.  The commercial was for one of those ambulance chasing lawyers and there were a bunch of moms with their kids who had Cerebral Palsy.  The lawyer then came on and was like, "Was your baby deprived of oxygen during birth?  Did your doctor wait too long to perform your c-section?  You may be entitled to a cash settlement.  Call now!"  I couldn't believe my eyes and ears.  No wonder doctors are so quick to call a c/s now when this is the kind of stuff they are dealing with!!!

Re: No wonder the c/s rate is so high!

• Options
    Yep. ETA there was supposed to be a sad face there but the bump doesn't like when I type symbols on my ipad apparently. But yeah, this is just one example of why the situation is complex.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad you posted this.  Some people are very quick to blame doctor's in general for all the interventions but it's complex issue.  OB's have the second highest malpractice insurance premiums of any doctor partly because of things like this.  My brother-in-law is an OB and 1/3 of his yearly pay goes to pay his insurance premiums.  I'm not saying that some doctors are too quick to cut someone open, just that the c/s rate can't be blamed on doctors alone!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know, I honestly can't say I blame doctors.  I mean, who wants to be sued?!
  • Options
    Yikes!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"