October 2011 Moms
Options

Stupid Pacifiers

According to day care, L takes her naps without a pacifier. I planned to wait until 1 1/2 to wean her off of it, but tonight I figured I would try to put her to bed without one. Big mistake. One hour plus of full on screaming while trying to rip my face off, then pathetically scratching at her mouth and staring at her empty hands while sobbing. Finally DH came in and popped the Nuk in her mouth. So what was the point of me trying for an hour? I shed about as many tears as she did and now I'm pissed off at my husband on Valentine's Day.

Re: Stupid Pacifiers

• Options
    Ugh. That completely blows. I'm so sorry you had to go through that only for your DH to *** it up. My DD is addicted to her paci, and I'm completely dreading the wean. I've been wanting to do it slowly, but so far that's not working. MH is way too quick to "cork it up" with the paci when she's getting ready to throw a fit or is overtired and won't give in to sleep.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh that sounds horrible and I would be so pissed at my husband. This is the exact reason we haven't tried taking the pacifier away! I know I should soon but it is just bed time so I try to rationalize that it is no big deal!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that he swooped in and 'rescued her' while you were stuck being the 'bad guy'.  That totally blows.  Hopefully he does something really nice to redeem himself.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks!! I'm utterly dreading taking my DSs away. He's addicted. When we weaned my DD it was a breeze. Took it at 11 months old and she never looked back. I think DS may have one until kindergarten at this point. Whatever, he sleeps... Kinda.
  • Options
    Did your H know what you were doing?  If so, that really sucks that he swooped in.  Sounds to me like L isn't ready to lose the paci for nighttime, though.  Personally, I don't see the big deal with kids continuing to use them for sleep for a while longer.  If they're sucking on it all day long that's a different issue.  But Lily only uses hers for sleep and in the car, and I'm fine with her continuing to do that for another year or two even.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    I feel you.  It's too easy to revert to the paci to plug that screaming hole.  I hope we will have enough strength to do it when DD 1.5, or at least until we finish up our traveling in the next few months. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"