Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Could use some T and P's

Hi ladies,

My family could use some thoughts and prayers.

My sister went to the ER last Saturday because she'd been having headaches for months and was starting to get really dizzy and nauseous from them. They did a CT scan and an MRI, which showed a tumor and swelling in her brain. She has been in the ICU at the hospital since then [even though she's really doing well, all things considered. Her nurses keep saying how weird it is to have a patient who can walk around and eat, etc].

She is scheduled for surgery this Wednesday at 7:30 am to have the tumor removed. They'll biopsy it, and determine what it is, and if she'll need further treatment.

My mom, my brother, and I spent a long time at the hospital on Sunday, and my sister is in good spirits and taking this all in stride. The nurse said it's amazing she's not having seizures or other horrible symptoms. We feel like God is really working in the midst of this scary situation.

My sis has a 3 year old daughter and a 6 week old daughter, and they're staying with my parents during this time, so my BIL can be with my sis during visiting hours.

Would appreciate t and p's that the surgery/recovery would go smoothly and that the tumor would be benign.
someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
MSPI Moms Check-In Blog

Re: Could use some T and P's

• Options
    Oh Shotzie, I'm so sorry your family is going through this. Sending tons of good thoughts and prayers that your sister has a smooth surgery and that the tumor isn't dangerous. Take care sweetie and keep us posted.
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry!I will definitely be praying!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! Many thoughts and prayers! I'm so happy they caught it, and that she's in the right place! Prayers for an easy surgery and quick recovery. I hope she's on the mend soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh wow I'm so sorry your sister and you and your family have to go through this. Sending thoughts and prayers. 
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    I hope the surgery goes well and your sister recovers quickly.  I can't imagine how scary this is for your whole family!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope she recovers quickly! Thoughts going your way!
  • Options
    Sending lots of good thoughts her way. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"