Georgia Babies

Insurance question

My insurance plan (BCBS - GA) will cover breastpumps IF they are provided by a Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider. This means they will not reimburse through local stores like Target or BRU or even the small retail store at Northside. Has anyone successfully located a DEM provider in GA that sells breast pumps?

I know as part of the new healthcare legislation that the rules to get a pump are much less strict but our plan does not renew until March so I'm SOL there.

Please let me know if you have any experience dealing with this.

Thanks!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Insurance question

• I don't know about the breast pump but we have BCBS of GA and have to go their Life Line Home Care for Bryce's nebulizer/supplies. It's worth a shot to call them and see if they could do the breast pump. Their atlanta number is 404-876-1503
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDaisy22:
    I don't know about the breast pump but we have BCBS of GA and have to go their Life Line Home Care for Bryce's nebulizer/supplies. It's worth a shot to call them and see if they could do the breast pump. Their atlanta number is 404-876-1503

Thank you for the referral. I called the number and unfortunately they do not carry pumps either. I'm kind of striking out everywhere.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Check with the lactation dept at kennestone. They have a little shop that sells pumps and I think they would count as a medical provider.

• If you call your insurance they will give you a list of places you can call and order from...if I remember next tine I'm at my moms I'll see if I still have the name and number of where I got mine.
    I have bcbs also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am in the same situation now! Did you have any luck finding a DME in Atlanta covered by BCBS? I'm having trouble finding one. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"