Dads & Dads-to-be

Trying to get things moving

Went to the doctors today and he decided to strip her membranes. Let see if we get moving. We are due according to the doctor on Saturday. Any one else have this done and did it start anything?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trying to get things moving

• Why don't they just induce at this point?

• I have no experience in the birth department yet, but I hope everything moves along and goes well!

• Loading the player...
  • Most of the research suggests membrane stripping doesn't do much, and *may* slightly increase the risk of infection. I'm not sure why they are doing this before your wife's due date, unless they are worried about other complications?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • He won't induce till she's a week past her due date at least which is fine with us. And I'm the type that goes by the doctor knows best. She has been 3 cm dilated and 60 effaced for three weeks now. I guess he doesn't want to see us at the office next week
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't know much about that, but fingers are crossed for a safe and speedy L&D!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are a few things your wife could try doing to get things going. The first is to take Evening Primrose Oil - it is like kindling for a fire, it helps a woman's body balance hormones so they are at the right levels. Obviously, this is especially important when nearing labor! The second is have some fun before baby comes - it is going to be 6 weeks without any sex after all!

Some other things to consider for her are seeing a chiropractor, getting a prenatal massage, and taking long walks. Here's to things picking up speed soon!

• As my wife was a planned c-section, couldn't help you on the stripping membrane question.

Things I've heard (some are wives tales) that may speed things along:

Walking 

Sex

Spicy food

Massage

Hope things move along, and that mom and baby have a quick and safe delivery process.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"