Dads & Dads-to-be

Help...insight please...

I am very frustrated and getting angry with my husband. I am expecting triplets, a big surprise to us. We are in the process of coming up with names for all three. My husband comes from all boys in his family and will NOT even entertain the idea of having a girl. My doctor said the possiblity is higher (for a girl) for us since there are 3. Everytime I bring up a girl name my husband say's we arent having any so its pointless. I tell him we need to come up with three of each just to be safe. He keeps saying if he has 3 girls he's going to shoot himself. Now I know its only a figure of speech but I am getting angry. While I understand all boys are possible I would also desperatly love a girl. I also realize I will love whatever I have, no matter what. But I am concerned at how angry he gets at the prospect of having a girl or god-forbid 3 three girls. This is VERY hard for me to understand because my father doted on my sister and myself. We were and are  his "jewels". BTW my husband is over 40 and has the mentality of a 12 year, at best.

Insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help...insight please...

• With triplets is it hard to tell genders from ultrasounds?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • We will be doing a CVS so we will a definate results.
  • Loading the player...
  • Since your DH is not ready to engage on this subject, I would recommend picking out three girl's names that you really like and waiting to discuss them with him until he is ready. If that day doesn't come and one of the the 3 turns out to be a girl, you can go ahead and name her with confidence, since you will be prepared. And if he whines about it you can bring up the fact that you gave him ample opportunity to discuss the topic and offer his input, but that since he declined you felt it necessary to make the decision yourself. 

:-)

• I say at this point, you create a short list of girl names and hold on to them.  Once you know the breakdown of boys and girls, he's going to be forced to come to terms one way or another.  At that point, he'll have to either let you name any girls, or he'll have to come up with some input as well.

Either way, sounds pretty immature.

• imageColtsdad:

I say at this point, you create a short list of girl names and hold on to them.  Once you know the breakdown of boys and girls, he's going to be forced to come to terms one way or another.  At that point, he'll have to either let you name any girls, or he'll have to come up with some input as well.

Either way, sounds pretty immature.

Yes

To be honest, I wasn't very interested in really talking about names until after we knew the sex of our baby. I mean, we did some silly talk about it before she even got KU, but it always devolved into silliness pretty quickly. I see no reason to push this sore subject until you find out what you're having.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • He sounds even younger than 12......

Tell him to grow up, get a pair, and start acting like a dad to be instead of some pouting teenager.  I would imagine each and every father on this site would only care about good health and a uneventful pregnancy.

Remind him that there are couples out there that have lost babies, and would give anything to just have a healthy child at home. Perhaps when he is whining about this to people at work or wherever, he is whining about it in front of people who have lost a baby, and I am sure they are thrilled to hear him talk about how painful for him it is to have a baby girl.  Real classy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"