Minnesota Babies

In home daycare cost

Hi ladies-

Can anyone provide an estimate of the typical cost of in home day care for an infant in the South Metro area? MH and I are trying to figure out a baby budget and I have no idea what the current rates are.  

Thanks! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: In home daycare cost

• $130-180/week is what I've found

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was searching I found a range of $175-250/week for a licensed in home daycare for an infant.  I actually ended up using an unlicensed provider and pay $30/day per kid.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • how do you search for an non-licensed provider?
  • I'm in the North metro and pay $175/week per kid.   It used to be $150 when they turned 2 but she changed it to stay at $175. 

• Thank you for the responses ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is more like $200 to $250 in my area but that is on the higher side. I would budget $200 per week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We pay $220/week for a licensed in-home in Minnetonka. Most that I called in Minnetonka and St. Louis Park ranged from $170-$220/week.
    image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• I pay 150/wk for an inhome dc in Roseville.
  • The local Child Care Resource and Referral agency has information on their website.  Click on the county you live in and it is broken down by city (and zip code in some areas).  

www.thinksmall.org/for_parents_and_guardians/cost_of_care

Sorry not clicky. I'm not that talented. 

• When I was looking for daycare for our DD, it was anywhere from 3545 per day for an in home daycare. I would go with a licensed provider for sure. We had a recommendation from a friend to go to a woman who was unlicensed. She was amazing. She had a non violent issue with an 8 yr old and had social services and a sheriff at her house after the kid went to scho crying. And for us that meant no daycare for 1 1/2 weeks and additional stress on me to find a new provider.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Our friend uses a home provider in Farmington and they charge $160/week. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"