October 2011 Moms
Options

who still uses a bottle?

Ds1 was off the bottle by 12 months and really made no fuss.

Levi has been fine using straw cups and sippy cups for awhile now. However for before his nap or bed he will throw a hissy for his bottle. He wil boycot sleep and scream like a banshi

Tell me im not the only one. Any advice??

Re: who still uses a bottle?

• Options
    We dropped it awhile ago but as long as he's not walking around with it all day long you should be fine.
  • Options

We still give bottle 3 times a day.  I need to start gradually replacing with sippy cup, but I haven't yet.  My pedi wants him off bottles by 18 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My nephew will not take milk in a cup so he still gets a bottle for a nap and bedtime. He will be two in may which is when she is planning on taking him off.

A just made it way too easy on us where we didn't have to do any work!

• Options

imagelisajay09:
    DD has a bottle of milk in the morning and one at night before bathtime. I have no problem with this. She drinks all other liquids from a cup, but milk only in a bottle. It's more important for her to drink the milk than not have a bottle, IMO. At some point, when she doesn't need as much milk, say around 2, 2.5, ill give it in a cup and whatever she drinks, she drinks. I feel like she needs the milk fat and protein for her brain development and if I have to put it in a bottle for her to get those things, ill do it. But if she would drink milk from a cup without a problem, I'd nix the bottle, no question.

All of this. Ds has 3 bottles a day tho - a small 4oz about an hr after his morning weetabix, a large 8oz before his siesta, and another large 8oz before bed. I?m not worried about it either.

• Options
    Alastair rediscovered his bottle when we brought Aidan home. I am in no rush to change that. He drinks about 30oz of milk in a bottle per day, mostly after breakfast, before and after nap and before bed. It is what it is.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When DD is in a very groggy state (ex: 1st thing in the morning), she will only drink her milk from a bottle. All other times she uses a sippy...unless I was too lazy to wash the sippies and we only have bottles clean.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options

imagewishful thinkin:
    S gets 23 bottles a day. One when he wakes up in the middle of the night, one before his nap and one at bed time. He drinks water from his sippie cup throughout the day. I dont plan on taking his bottle away from a couple of more months. Now that DD is here I see that somethings make him jealous so taking away his paci/bottle is not something I want to do right now.

This is exactly why I am not even attempting to wean G from her binky. She loves the thing so much that I know she would start stealing them from the new baby.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    image101Mims:

imagelisajay09:
    DD has a bottle of milk in the morning and one at night before bathtime. I have no problem with this. She drinks all other liquids from a cup, but milk only in a bottle. It's more important for her to drink the milk than not have a bottle, IMO. At some point, when she doesn't need as much milk, say around 2, 2.5, ill give it in a cup and whatever she drinks, she drinks. I feel like she needs the milk fat and protein for her brain development and if I have to put it in a bottle for her to get those things, ill do it. But if she would drink milk from a cup without a problem, I'd nix the bottle, no question.

All of this. Ds has 3 bottles a day tho - a small 4oz about an hr after his morning weetabix, a large 8oz before his siesta, and another large 8oz before bed. I´m not worried about it either.

Us too! I feel like he will let us know when he is ready to give up the bottle. Besides, he's been sick and cutting molars and the bottle still soothes him so we will stick with it for now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our bottles disappeared one day and DD1 never looked back.
  • Options

I have no advice since DS still gets a bedtime bottle. We tried to drop it about 3 weeks ago but that was at the same time that DH started being gone 3 nights a week. SDS didn't take well to both of the changes at once and we started suddenly having trouble putting him to bed. I figured that I wasn't going to fight 2 issues at once so we will work on dropping the bedtime bottle when DH is finished in 3 weeks and back at home every night.

When we did start dropping the bottle (before we re-instated it) we let DS have a sippy cup of milk right before he went up to bed.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    One before nap and one before bed.  We had dropped the one before bed but some how it snuck back into the routine.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"