Food Allergy

Strawberries for a preschool v-day snack?

Ds is pnut and tree nut allergic.  We signed up to bring the healthy snack for his party (no adults).  But while chatting with another parent I found out her dd is allergic to strawberries and that's what I was going to bring.  I already bought them and no one had said anything about strawberries before, they even had them at their christmas party.  Would you bring something else?  She said that her daughter prob wouldn't eat them anyway. 

Re: Strawberries for a preschool v-day snack?

• Never mind.  I'm a bad allergy mom for even contemplate bringing these in knowing this!  I would never want to someone at risk.  Slap me for I of all people should be sensitive to this.  

Now what do I bring for a healthy snack?  Someone is already doing grapes.   

• What about apple slices or the little cuties oranges? Are you trying to stick with a red/pink/v-day theme, or just a healthy snack?
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe you could slice apples into hearts or something.  My DS is allergic to eggs and peanuts and I wouldn't bring a snack that another child is allergic to because you want to make sure all the children are safe. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"