Maryland Babies
Options

ARTful Birth- New Childbirth Program (FREE)

Hi Everyone,

I just want to invite you to participate in the piloting of my childbirth prep program- It is running for 2 days at the end of February (24th & 27th) imageat Soft and Cozy Baby in Balltimore.image Its FREE and I'd love some participation/feedback.  Let me know if you are interested in participating or have any questions. 

I couldn't figure out how to add the photo of my flyer so here is a link to view my flyer on flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/78486125@N00/8456347860/in/photostream/lightbox/

Thanks!

Dara

Re: ARTful Birth- New Childbirth Program (FREE)

• Options
    This sounds like fun! Can you give a quick description as to what we can expect and what kinds of materials we'll need to bring?
  • Options
    That's awesome! I just sent you an email! Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Sandiuehlinger,

Thanks for responding.  You do not need to bring any materials, as all materials will be provided for you.  ARTful Birth is an art therapy and mindfulness program that I have designed as part of my masters education in art therapy from George Washington University.  I designed the program for my final thesis.  Normally it is a 4 week program but since this is my first time implementing it, I have shortened it to 2 days.  

Basically I am conducting a pilot to see if it is something that participants feel is useful and then I will use that information to write my thesis.  My hope is to also use the feedback to finalize the program and fully implement it in the Baltimore area.  So if you are interested in joining the class, I would love to use photographs of the artwork you make as part of my thesis.  No personal information will be used, just the images and any feelings or thoughts that you share with me in the class.

You are welcome to attend one or both sessions.  Each session will consist of an art activity that will explore your thoughts and feelings on the childbirth experience, discussion, and a mindfulness activity- such as guided meditation, body scan, mindful eating, etc.  Please email me at darcrista@yahoo.com if you would like to sign up and if you have any other questions.  I hope you will join us.

Thanks,

Dara

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"