Minnesota Babies
Options

Day Care Options: eco friendly and/or in northern suburbs?

Hi!  I am expecting my first child in May--so excited!  We have to start thinking about day cares for Jan. 2014, when I go back to work.

I live in Arden Hills.  I work in Minneapolis, and my husband works in Plymouth.  Ideally, we would want to have a day care somewhere near our home.  Does anyone know of any good day cares in the northern suburbs near Arden Hills/Roseville?

Also, even if it's outside of the Arden Hills/Roseville area, does anyone know of a good eco-friendly day care?  We are thinking about cloth diapering and would love our child to have more natural/organic foods than the typical chicken fingers fare, if possible.

Thanks so much for any tips you might have!

Re: Day Care Options: eco friendly and/or in northern suburbs?

• Options

We go to Just Kiddin' daycare run by Bob & Sherrie Besser. There are two home sites they have, both in Shoreview.

We cloth diaper and they have been very supportive. They do all organic for the infants when they are eating baby food (at your request). They try to do  some organic when it's economical once they get older, but there are still chicken nuggets around.

It is $210 a week for an infant.  They have been wonderful and we have learned a ton about our baby's milestones because of their experience and expertise.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, LolaBelle!  Do you have a phone number for that site?  I couldn't seem to find it online.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I will private message it to you...they are very, very smart about safety for the kids, so don't publicize at all. (IE: no sign outside the home making it look like a daycare...they think of everything!)

• Options

Are you looking for an in home provider or a child care center?  There is a free Child Care Resource and Referral service in MN.  They will ask you some questions about what you are looking for in a provider, and mail you a list of options in your area including openings for your child's age and some additional information about the provider.  They also offer sample interview questions and information on how to choose a quality provider.  Very helpful service!

Call (651)641-0332 or check out their website at www.thinksmall.org.  But I definitely recommend calling and talking to someone over the phone.  They are super helpful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"