Potty Training
Options

Ok I don't have a clue what I'm doing!!

My DD is 20.5 months.. we let her run around naked all morning. She pooped once and peed twice on the potty. She started to pee on the floor both times but I got her to the potty fast enough for her to finish on there. She ate lunch with a diaper on and is now taking a nap with a diaper on. Do i let her run around without a diaper after nap??? Do I ask her every 15 minutes if she needs to use the potty? Do I just put her on the potty every 15 minutes?

She goes to daycare during the week so clearly she can't run around naked all day. Any suggestions on what I can do there?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ok I don't have a clue what I'm doing!!

• Options

that's a bit young to full on PT IMO..... but if you are going to - then you need to get daycare on board - and put undies on her for home & there

if I was you, I'd let you dd go without a diaper at home - maybe in the evenings during dinner (that's what we did...) for a few months - until they start getting the idea of what it feels like to have to go

then start full on PTing and get daycare on board

check out Lori Jensen's 3 day potty training ebook - I thought it was full of some good tips (although I don't think the '3 day' thing is accurate.... :)

she says to PT at 22 months.,... but my dd was close to 30 when we did it

• Options

I think if she is acting ready then go for it! We are potty training our 26 month old, and we ditched diapers completely, IMO switching back and forth between diapers and naked/underwear just confuses them. Like there are ok times to pee your pants and not okay times,  which is not a habit that is easy to break (from working at a daycare with PTer's). We do pull ups at night only, until she is day trained then we're ditching those too. Just let the daycare know what your doing, and you can buy them undies and bring extra clothes for her in case of accidents.

And with how often, I ask mine every half an hour, but she doesn't actually pee that often. It's more like every 2-3 hours. We gave lots of salty snacks the first few days, so she would drink a lot, thus peeing a lot, and got used to going pee or telling us when she had to. We've been PTing for 2 weeks and she tells us or goes by herself every time. There are some times that she gets into playing and has an accident or I have to drag her to the potty, but she is doing WAY better because she hates the feeling of pee in her jeans. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"