November 2012 Moms

Birth Control & Bleeding

I originally stopped bleeding about 3 weeks pp.  My first period started about 6 weeks after.  I started taking the pill that following Sunday.  Then I just a week in I accidentally missed a pill and I started bleeding (a lot) the next day.  It was basically like another period.  Since then I feel like I am getting my (very heavy) period with just a week or two in between.  Is anyone else having weird periods? 

For about 10 years I used the NuvaRing instead of the pill so taking the pill at the same time is still something I am getting used to.  Is it typical for your period to start immediately if you miss one?

Re: Birth Control & Bleeding

• Whenever I've missed one I haven't started a period right away. But this mini pill without estrogen may be different. Plus it's most likely going to take awhile to get back on track. I have 2 periods so far and haven't missed a pill but today I had some breakthrough bleeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depends on which pill. Some are worse about it than others, but yeh, it totally can happen.

In faccccct, it's why I got off my BCP originally, PrePG...

While on BCP, I was getting two periods... even if I took it right and just was late on one pill one time...even if only a couple of hours late.

I'm extremely regular while not on BCP, so I was just supposed to be paying attention. Problem is I get raging hormones and super horny when I'm ovulating. Must be nature's way of repopulating the earth. So we obviously know how that story goes... and I'm obviously giving more info than what you asked, but my fingers just keep typing.

Anyway, I'm BFing and on the "mini" pill and my MW warned that since this one is sooo low dose, if I'm late at all with this one, then we need to use back up protection for three days. I've been late way more than once, but there hasn't been any issue yet.

But I know how bad it sucks. I'm sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • In my case,

Missing one mini pill= (see siggy pic)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic< br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageiggywan:

In my case,

Hahahahaha!  That just made my day.  AND reminded me that I need to take the pill today!

• imageiggywan:

In my case,

Exactly why I didn't go on the pill. Ever. I cannot be relied upon to take it everyday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"