Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Baby Doesn't Cry

So I know that this will sound like a good thing but I'll explain.

My LO is very easily OT. We are dealing with some bad naps and I'm sure her constantly being OT is part of it.  She wakes up at night, and many of her naps, without ever crying. Just pops awake. During the day this isn't a big issue because we have a video monitor and I can tell that she is awake. At night its a problem because unless I'm staying up all night to watch her I don't know when she is waking because she literally just pops awake and hangs out. She is able to calm and soothe herself to sleep which is why when I do see that she is awake that I don't run in and try and soothe her, she isn't crying so leave her alone, right?  Only problem is that she can go hours of not sleeping, trying to go back to sleep but not being able to in the mornings, before I come in and just get her up.  Then once she is up she is already OT.

So should I start going in sooner to try and get her to go back to sleep even if she isn't crying?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Doesn't Cry

• Personally, I probably wouldn't go in to get her, just because then if you start soothing her to sleep she is going to depend on that. I would just do what you are doing. Yes she is OT, but be thankful she doesn't cry haha. my LO screams when she's over tired and fights sleep. It could just be a phase your LO is going through, but if she's not crying or crabby then I would just let her try and soothe herself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • What time does she go to bed?  I've heard that sometimes babies who wake up a lot at night need to go to bed earlier?? 
  • Loading the player...
  • She goes to bed at 6:30 most nights and many times she is able to sleep really well, 2 wake ups to feed between then and 7.  This has been a new "trick" since we started nap training her in the crib. She sometimes does this in the middle of the night too it isn't only in the early mornings.

She does cry when she's really really overtired and the wired stage is over, I'm just trying to figure out how to prevent getting to that point by eliminating these quiet wake ups. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"