October 2011 Moms
Options

Update to surgery and T&Ps

My surgery went well and I haven't had much of a chance to get online. I had bad pain and nausea the past few days and I had to stay a little longer in the hospital because my calcium levels wouldn't cooperate. The surgeon said my thyroid was "huge" and I required 6 staples in my neck to close it up. 

I had my post op appt today from my surgery. I got my staples out and everything looks good. I've been feeling ok just nauseous because of a the calcium I had to take but luckily I don't have to take that anymore.

Anyway, for the prayers... My pathology report on my thyroid showed thyroid cancer. They found 2 very small nodules. They were contained and didn't spread to the lymph nodes or blood vessels. My surgeon is confident he got it all and told me not to worry. I have to see another dr to see if I still need radioactive iodine despite the surgery. My surgeon thinks I don't but I see them on Wednesday.

So any thoughts and prayers you could spare for me would be awesome! That the cancer is all gone, that I don't need any additional treatment and that I continue to heal well. This was such a shock since it wasn't expected at all. I'm 99% sure I'm fine but this little part of me doesn't like having had cancer in me at all. I'm so relieved its out but would really appreciate prayers. Thank you!!

Re: Update to surgery and T&Ps

• Options

Oh kagl, I'm so very sorry you are going through this. What a shock. I can't imagine how scary hearing that news must be for you and your family. Thank god they caught it early, and hopefully because of that you won't have any further issues.

You'll be in my thoughts and you absolutely have my prayers! Please take care of yourself and keep us updated.

• Options
    Oh wow, I didn't know you were going through this.  I'm glad you are doing ok!  Take care!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageamyc216:
    Oh wow, I didn't know you were going through this.  I'm glad you are doing ok!  Take care!

Ditto this. GL and glad you are doing ok.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this...thinking and praying for you! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm thinking about you!
  • Options

My friend just celebrated her 5 year anniversary of being thyroid-cancer free this month.

I'm sure you'll be joining that club!

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    T&Ps for you and your family.  One of my best friends had thyroid cancer and she's cancer free and doing awesome now!  I'll be praying for you guys! 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    Oh kagl! I haven't had much time to Bump so I missed that you were having surgery. How scary to get that kind of news. I'm sure the doc is right but will pray anyway!

• Options
    Oh kagl, I am so sorry you are going through this. I'm sure hearing the word "cancer" must've been a complete shock to you. I will be thinking and praying for you that everything turns out ok :-)
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I sure wasn't expecting but I also feel like its under the best circumstances. I'm not too worried myself and I'm just relived to have it out of me. The fact that I didn't know about it before hand has actually been a blessing. Of course Im not overjoyed with the diagnosis and its scary, but it could have been so much worse. I'm just praying no further treatment is needed. 
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and recovery is well on its way! Hopefully that nausea will clear up without having to take that extras calcium. I'm really sorry you got the news that there was cancer, though. A good friend of mine had this exact same situation happen our senior year of college 8 years ago and she's stayed cancer free. I hope you have that kind of success story!! Praying for the best possible answers and outcomes. Keep us posted!
  • Options

imagekujayhawkgirl:
    I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and recovery is well on its way! Hopefully that nausea will clear up without having to take that extras calcium. I'm really sorry you got the news that there was cancer, though. A good friend of mine had this exact same situation happen our senior year of college 8 years ago and she's stayed cancer free. I hope you have that kind of success story!! Praying for the best possible answers and outcomes. Keep us posted!

Thank you so much for this! Makes me feel so much better!!

And I'm finally off the calcium supplements so my nausea has been so much better today. I was on 2 500mg pills 4 times a day (so 4,000mg). Having wacky calcium levels post surgery is fairly normal but that nausea was awful! I was like motion sickness. The TV was making me sick.  

• Options

So sorry to hear you have to go through this.  DH was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last March, had his thyroid out in June, and they radioactive iodine in July.  I remember he was pretty miserable for a week or so after the surgery.

That would be great news if you don't need the radioactive iodine, but regardless I hope you feel better soon!

Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, Kagl this is shocking news! I am so sorry that the Drs found cancer but from what you said it looks like they did a good job checking to make sure they got it all. I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated after your appointment on Wednesday. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for good news.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am so sorry, I had no idea you were going through any of this. Big hugs to you and of course you will be in my thoughts and prayers. 
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options

Kagl I am so sorry you are going through this. My mom had thyroid cancer (discovered after a routine surgery for her goiter). Sadly she lost her battle, but she was a very rare case. The majority of thyroid cancer cases are highly treatable. I am glad that your outlook seems positive and I am sure you will kick cancer's a$$! If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me (I hang out more on GBCN, if you are over there). 

Good luck you are in my prayers. 

• Options
    Hoping that all is good and you continue to recover well!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    I'm glad to see you're healing well.  Hoping for a continued cancer free path for you!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

T&Ps for sure. My BIL just went through the same thing last fall and had to do the radioactive iodine treatment. I hope you can avoid that. I'm glad to hear you're recovering from surgery well though!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I somehow missed your earlier post on this and I am sorry to hear that you've been having to deal with such a scary thing.  I am glad that the surgery went well and that you are recovering on schedule.  I surely hope this is all you need to beat the battle against cancer and that I hope that you can heal with some peace of mind. 

• Options
    T&Ps are with you. I'm glad they caught it early. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You got it, kagl, you are totally in my thoughts and prayers.  You are a strong woman, I know that you will totally kick cancer's ass.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow, you've been through a lot this last bit! I am so sorry that you have had to go through this! I am happy to hear that they think they got it all, but still hearing you had cancer must be so surreal! Hope you feel better soon, lots of thoughts your way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've been thinking about you! I'm sorry you're going through this. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Holy cow! Definitely sending prayers your way. I am glad it looks like they got it all and I hope your recovery goes quickly.

• Options
    I saw the pic on face book.Crying  You have my T&Ps.  You hang in there! ((HUGS))
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    Wow kagl. So very sorry to hear this. Hoping that there's nothing left to worry about and you feel better soon!!!!

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh kagl! I hope you are ok and I will be thinking of you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and keep us posted on how you are doing!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Your kind words make me feel so much better. I'm kinda in shock still from all that has happened and I'm just anxious about my appt on Wednesday. Your T and Ps are appreciated. I'm sorry some of you didn't know, I'm not generally one to post stuff like this online but I really need the prayers. I hope you understand. I really thought the surgery would be NBD.
  • Options
    Wow, what an ordeal! I am so glad everything went well and that the docs are so sure they got everything, but I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts for everything to go smoothly from her on out!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"