October 2011 Moms
Options

Freezing casseroles

I am going to make 2 enchilada casseroles tomorrow morning; one for dinner and one to freeze. Are there any special tips or tricks I should be aware of so the frozen one doesn't taste like crap when we eat it in a few weeks?
image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Freezing casseroles

• Options

The pooches are doing great and thanks for asking! I hope everything is going great with you.

I was going to defrost the sauce (this was frozen down in the fall), cook the chicken, assemble everything then put one in the fridge and one in the freezer.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ok great! I was wondering about the cheese but forgot to ask so thanks for that info too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In my experience it is important to have no condensation in the dish once frozen, the ice crystals are what makes the good taste like freezer. Does that make sense?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks Nita for the advice! I will make sure it has cooled down before I put it in the freezer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"