June 2011 Moms

Naps

How many names are you LOs taking?

The girls seems to still need two, which I find odd, but some days they fight one of them.  I'd like to tranistion to a standard one nap schedule, but they still seem to need two most days. 

When did you LOs transition, if they alreayd did?  And how did you help then transition?

Thanks for any advice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Naps

• Just one.  She stopped taking two naps at right around a year I think.  There was a period of about a month where some days she still took two and some days she only took one.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Z's been taking only one nap since just before she was 1. She used to nap around 10 or 11 but since starting daycare last August she now goes down between 12 and 1230 (after lunch).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • C went to 1 nap a day at 15 months when he went to the toddler room at DC.  They did it all :)  I was keeping his 2-a-day schedule on weekends for a bit, but noticed after a couple weeks, if I put him down in the am, he wouldn't sleep in the pm.  So I just took the DC schedule and put him on it at home, too.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• DD switched to 1 nap at 13 months but started the transition around 10 months.  She wasn't really taking her afternoon nap (just having quiet/play time in her crib) from 10 months but when I tried switching her to one afternoon nap it didn't work.  When she stopped falling asleep for her morning nap was when I knew she was ready.  You may need to make the nap on the early side (11/12) to begin with and they may need early bedtime at first.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1 nap a day lasting 13 hours... usually around 11. Sleeps 7:30pm til about 6:30am.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Say what?? 

Duuuude, Im holding onto my 2 naps a day as long as possible!! 2 naps a day, about 1.5-2.5hrs each 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Daycare switched her to 1 nap (noon - 2:00 p.m.) at 16 months, but she had still been taking 2 two-hour naps at home until very recently.  She's been fighting the second one for the last week, so we're trying just one now.  She'll actually still go right to sleep at 10:00 a.m. and sleep til noon, but is crazy by dinner time without an afternoon one so we try to get her to make it til noon everyday like daycare does.  Then the evenings are a bit better!  I should mention she's only at daycare twice a week, so that's probably why she's been able to do two different schedules.
  • We are at 1 nap. Wake up at 8, down at 1p - goes to sleep about 1:45 and sleeps til 3 or 4.
    DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

• DD switched to 1 nap a couple of weeks before she turned 1. We were struggling getting her down for first nap then...usually around 10ish so we skipped that and put her down around noon, then skipped afternoon nap (usually around 2ish). The transition wasn't as painful as I've heard it would be. There was no struggle, I was actually quite surprised.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"