Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

9dpo with very light pinkish spotting; early sign of pregnancy?

Hey everyone! Big Smile

This is really my first time posting on here and am hoping for some constructive reactions to ease my nervous emotions! I am 23 and my husband and I were TTC back in October of 2012 and after our first try we got a bfp one day after missed period in November of 2012. Unfortunately a week and a half later I miscarried. At the time, doctors advised there was nothing we did wrong and nothing could have prevented what happened. They told us just to stick out a couple cycles pending their normalcy and then can TTC again. Well after a couple (what seem to have been) normal cycles we decided to TTC; 3 times during ovulation. This past ovulation was around the 30th to the 2nd (Jan-Feb). Around 4 and 5 dpo I started to feel mild craming; cramping very similar to AF with breast tenderness. The tenderness has not subsided but the cramps have gone from mild to barely there. Today I went to the bathroom and just noticed after I wiped I had some very light pinkish colored spotting on the TP. I'm 9dpo at this point and I am wondering if it is possible I could be experiencing implanation bleeding or if my body is still out of sorts since the m/c and AF is really on her way. We would be so thrilled to be pregnant, I'm just really nervous to get my hopes up. I know this is the unbearable wait but what is the earliest, logical suggested time to test? I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I appreciate all of your thoughts in advance.

Thank you!!!!!Smile

"It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Re: 9dpo with very light pinkish spotting; early sign of pregnancy?

• Options
    First, sorry for your loss.
    Second, check out the newbie link at the top of the page for some great information about learning your cycles, fertility friend, etc.
    Third, check out the post about implantation bleeding a few down from your post, that will give you more information about what you asked.

IB is rare and is more of a hindsight thing. We can't tell you if it is implantation bleeding. It's more probable that you are spotting.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• Options

Sorry for your loss.

This chart is in the newbie link at the top of the page:

HPT accuracy DPO 
    10 dpo : 35% 
    11 dpo : 51% 
    12 dpo : 62% 
    13 dpo : 68% 
    14 dpo : 74% 
    15 dpo : 80% 
    16 dpo : 88% 
    17 dpo : 92% 
    18 dpo : 99%

DON?T TEST EARLY!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry for your loss, been there recently too.  Just keep the following in mind:

1. Cycles can be wonky for months after a miscarriage.

2. Implantation bleeding is rare, and you just cannot know at all if that's what you're having until after you get a positive test and perhaps confirm what it is in hindsight. Asking people if what you have is implantation bleeding is similar to asking if you're pregnant, we just have no idea if that's what it is, only a test can tell.

3. Spotting and cramping are common symptoms of PMS and impending AF, and can also happen at any time, especially when cycles may be wonky, so try not to read too much into them.  I know it's hard not to symptom spot, but it can drive you crazy.

4. Enough hormones in your body to cause symptoms = enough HCG to make a peestick test positive, so if you feel you're having symptoms related to pregnancy, then test. Just keep in mind that 9DPO is still very early. There's a chart showing how accurate tests are at the various DPOs, hopefully someone can post that for you.

Good luck! 

ETA someone posted the chart while I was typing, yay! 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options

Sorry for your loss. It could be IB, but I heard that it's pretty rare to see. It could just be spotting before AF. Unless you are temping, you don't know which day you ovulated and therefore can't tell how many DPO you are. If you are having symptoms, you should turn a test positive if you are actually pregnant.

Good Luck.

My Ovulation Chart Me-35, DH-39. TTC#1
  • Options

Thank you all for your feedback so far, I really appreciate it. I know it's very early to tell and am aware of the uncertainty in specific ovulation date. In the decade plus of my AF I've never spotted, had cramping or this lengthy breast tenderness outside of my cycle; It's just not something that's been an occuring thing for me. So this really threw me off and made me want to reach out. I won't test too early and I very much appreciate your empathy, sympathy and guidance for the proceeding days on whether we are pregnant, or maybe I'm just being too anxiousEmbarrassed! And if nothing else thank you ladies for leading me in the right direction as a newbie!!!

"It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"