Multiples
Options

Hospital stay length

How many days were you in the hospital with your multiples and did you have a vaginal birth or cs? I'm trying to pack my bag! Thanks!

Re: Hospital stay length

• Options
    I had a vaginal delivery and stayed 2 nights.
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    I had an emergency csection, and was in the hospital for 4 nights.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a csection and stayed 4 days!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a c/s and was there for 4 days.
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a vaginal birth, but delivered after 8pm so I stayed 3 nights.
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagesmurray217:
    I had a vaginal delivery and stayed 2 nights.

Me, too. It was 3 total because they had me go in the night before my induction to start the antibiotics for Group B Strep. But I had my babies around 9 p.m. on a Tuesday and we went home around 12 p.m. that Thursday.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I went home on post op day three (the normal).  One child home with us and the other stayed in the NICU.  Pain was controlled by post op day two but my blood pressure was still high.
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    C/s 4 days. 
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a csection and stayed the 4 nights that my insurance allowed.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options

I had a c-section early Sunday morning(2AM ) and went home Thursday morning.So 4 nights.

But my first was also a C-section and I was only in the hospital for 3 nights.Diiferent hospitals and different policies on how long you stay.It did not matter how many kids I was having. 

• Options
    I had a CS and was discharged after 4 days but the babies spent an extra 2 days after that and I was allowed to board at the hospital with them.
  • Options
    CS and I stayed 4 nights but could have gone home sooner except babies were in nicu so they let me stay the max amount of time. Generally you can expect 24 to 36 hr after vag and 48 to 72 hr after cs.
  • Options
    My c-section was on a Wednesday afternoon, and I went home on the following Sunday morning. Good luck!
    Twins November 2012!

• Options

3 nights total.  

I delivered baby A vaginally and baby B by emergency c-section after 8 p.m. on a Thursday. My OB discharged me on Sunday morning per my request as I just preferred to be home and with our first DS, but I could have stayed until Monday if I had wanted to. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had complications with a double whammy birth and so was in six days after the birth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    C section 7 days
  • Options
    Full term section, 2 nights. Both babies came home with me.
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a vaginal delivery and spent 2 nights. They stayed an extra night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

After delivery, I was in the hospital two days. Although...it wasn't a full two days, if you go vaginally, tell the babies to come before noon Stick out tongue

They started my pitocin and broke my water Friday morning at 8am. I delivered Baby A at 10:50pm and Baby B at 11:53pm and we still had to go home Sunday. I had a 2nd degree tear and REALLY could've used an extra day in the hospital.

FWIW - I really over-packed. I wore a hospital gown up until I got dressed to go home. I was pretty immobile b/c of the tear so aside from shuffling to and from the bathroom, I wasn't doing anything. Plus, if you're BF, you're going to be naked 90% of the time you're there. I could've just packed a few elastics for my hair, a toothbrush and the clothes I wanted to go home in!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"