Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Difference between a yeast and bacterial diaper rash?

Ok I have a 5 month old. She had a small patch of white bumps that were surrounded by red skin. Not that big a deal. Didn't bother her much. It started going away but then came back strong out of nowhere. We have been treating it for days and it hasn't improved. We let her go diaperless for several hours a day, only pat her dry with a warm wash cloth and use a thick layer of Desitin when we do put a diaper on. I change her diaper right away when shes awake or swap out the soiled towel immediately because she instantly starts to grimace and cry when she pees. I dont have much experience with a diaper rash. Would a regular diaper rash have raised bumps like she has? I cant tell the difference. The only thing I read is that yeast sticks around longer so I am assuming she has that.

Re: Difference between a yeast and bacterial diaper rash?

• I'd go to pedi asap tomorrow and get medicine to get her cleared up!  My LO had one when she was around 3 weeks........i thought it was a diaper rash...........i let it go on way tooooooooo long.  I still feel bad about it, but I didn't know any better.  She was just red all over.

Dr said it would def burn when they go the bathroom...she was so miseralbe.  Medicine cleared her up fast.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was going to suggest a yeast infection. My guy gets it from time to time and the doc said just to slather him in lotrimin to kill the yeast
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"