October 2011 Moms

epic fail...

When he was 6 months old, I enrolled R I'm a mommy and me gymnastics type class. He hated it. My typically happy baby screamed and cried throughout, but at home he loved doing the stuff we learned how to do in gymnastics. After 2 months, we stopped going because I couldn't take how miserable he was every week.

He has now been in swim class with DH for four Weeks, and he is screaming and crying the whole class. In the bath tub at home, though, he loves to practice the kicking. I don't want him to be a quitter at everything, but I don't want to keep taking him to classes to cry the whole time. How long would you stick it out?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: epic fail...

• If it's refundable or not too great a loss I would call it quits. Socialization is good but large groups and an unfamiliar environment like the pool can be overwhelming. They'll have plenty of time for extra curricular stuff once they start school. Could you start your own mini play group of just a few moms and kids to do lunch and activities together? Maybe that would help ease R into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"