March 2013 Moms
Options

Had a Surprise Baby Shower :)

So I thought I wasnt going to have a baby shower since mom didn't have the money to do one and really she's not big into throwing parties. Guess who stepped up to the plate, Hubby. He was the planner and got his cousins to help out and Mom n her friend ended up paying for the restaurant. I can't believe they got me.

On Sunday  DH and I were goin out for a date, late lunch/ early dinner and a movie after - that was the story. So I got all nice for our date and couldn't believe it when we got there to see everyone there. LO got so many stuff it's crazy and I think I'm set on baby clothes for the next year too lol I feel so lucky to have a husband like Steve and be a part of his family. Her room is ready all I have to do is wash the bedding and her clothes.

BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: Had a Surprise Baby Shower :)

• Options
    Thats awesome! Very nice of your husband to do that for you! Sounds like a great time!

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Aw, that's so adorably sweet!
    BabyFetus Ticker
        photo 187e7fd5-6db3-47f3-8720-d3540e6c1f35.jpg           photo 17a38d63-9573-4513-9cd7-1650c297a8ca.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay, that is very sweet.  Glad you got to have a shower!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is super sweet - so glad you got an opportunity to feel supper supported and loved!
    Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, with everything in the room it's really starting to feel a little more real and super close :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Super Sweet!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageBlissBerry:
    Whoa. nbsp;Apparently I'm the lone ranger here in that I would be completely and totally mortified. nbsp;Expecting parents should never plan their own shower. Ew.

Not alone. I completely agree with you. It's pretty tacky and kind of sad you have to plan your own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Apparently someone thinks you're tacky for throwing a shower yourself. I'm sorry that people have to throw their opinions at you, especially since it was a surprise shower. People will always judge though.

I think it's great that your husband decided to throw a shower. I am also glad that you feel so lucky to have a family like his and especially glad you feel great about having a husband willing to do that. 

Is there anything wrong with throwing a shower? I think not because you know exactly what is going on and are in control of it. 

It's even cuter because it was a surprise party. 

• Options
    imageAnne1989:

Apparently someone thinks you're tacky for throwing a shower yourself. I'm sorry that people have to throw their opinions at you, especially since it was a surprise shower. People will always judge though.

I think it's great that your husband decided to throw a shower. I am also glad that you feel so lucky to have a family like his and especially glad you feel great about having a husband willing to do that. 

Is there anything wrong with throwing a shower? I think not because you know exactly what is going on and are in control of it. 

It's even cuter because it was a surprise party. 

"Dear friend, I'm throwing myself a party.  Please come celebrate me and here's a list of the stuff I want you to buy me."

No, nothing sounds wrong at all about that.

Hey, at least someone else helped foot the bill.  The people that host and pay for their own party in order to solicit free gifts from others are the ones that REALLY confuse me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"