Parenting after 35

Baby's first word

I'm pretty sure Baby ELF has said her first intentional word (as opposed to the mamama dadada babbling she's been doing for awhile).  And the first word she used deliberately?  "Burp"  Yes, that's right, my daughter's first word was "burp".  She said "bup" a few times in the last few days after I said the word burp when she would burp, and then yesterday and again this morning after burping she said "bup" several times without me saying it first, so I know she wasn't just repeating what I said.  Can't wait for her to read this one in her baby book when she gets older!  LMAO

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby's first word

• What a smart and unique little critter you've got there!  My kid's was Mama... how pedestrian!

And FWIW, my white trash/redneck neighbors just named their new puppy Pepsi.  When I asked why, I was told "That was our daughter's first word."   I hope I didn't let my horror show too much on my face!

<major eyeroll!> 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aw I think that's adorable.  Of course I'm still waiting for Emma to say her first intentional word.  Anytime I try and get her to repeat after me she just grins at me. lol  I would so take her saying burp right now. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay what a fun milestone! And I'm with Joi - could have been so much worse!
  • That is so cute and funny too!
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagehijoi:
    It could have been worse!  Burp is kind of cute, I think.  Congrats on that first word!

YES! it could...I got to write "poop" in DS's baby book. Before Mama. Before Papa. There was "poop."

Congratulations!!! :) 

• That's a great one for the baby book!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imageELF4321:
    I'm pretty sure Baby ELF has said her first intentional word (as opposed to the mamama dadada babbling she's been doing for awhile).  And the first word she used deliberately?  "Burp"  Yes, that's right, my daughter's first word was "burp".  She said "bup" a few times in the last few days after I said the word burp when she would burp, and then yesterday and again this morning after burping she said "bup" several times without me saying it first, so I know she wasn't just repeating what I said.  Can't wait for her to read this one in her baby book when she gets older!  LMAO

Ah hahaha that is awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"