Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby Jogger City Versa

I just posted this over at 2nd tri, and they suggested I post it here to see if any moms already have this stroller...

Does anybody know anything about the baby jogger city versa? I know the original one was recalled. I just saw on the buybuybaby website that they are selling them again. Is this the new model? I am assuming they corrected the issue that it was recalled for, but haven't been able to find any info on it. This is the stroller I want to get, I just want to make sure it's safe and that there aren't any issues with the current model.

Re: Baby Jogger City Versa

• Options

If they're selling it, then yes, it's the new version. No matter the reason for a recall, if a product has been recalled it cannot be sold anywhere.

I haven't seen the City Versa, but I sell Baby Jogger strollers. We don't carry that one on display in my store because it's not nearly as popular as the other four models we do have (City Select, City Mini, City Mini GT, and City Elite). The Versa isn't as popular because of the four wheels, which just don't steer as well as three. It looks more similar to the City Select, but much smaller (which I'm guessing is why you like it). It has the reversible seat that the City Select has, so I am wondering...why not just go with a City Select? In fact it looks like most of the major selling features are very similar to the City Select, but the City Select is bigger - and honestly, not THAT much bigger.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I do like the idea of the more compact size and easier fold (it seems tO be the easiest/simplest of tHe strollers with a reversible seat option). The city select is my second choice as of now, but since the versa hasn't been in stores, I have not had a chance to compare the two. Hopefully I will be able to compare them side by side soon.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was a Voluntary Recall, as there were no reported injuries they are likley selling the same one.

https://m.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/70627845/ShowThread.aspx70627845

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

The versa is awesome.  It is lighter than the select, you can fold it with the seat intact (something you cannot do with the Select).  It turns on a dime and I love that baby can face forward or towards you.

Here is a good review from The Baby Guy

https://www.babyguygearguide.com/stroller-review-baby-jogger-city-versa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

Hi there, 

I don't have this stroller (yet) but have looked into it quite a bit and the recall just does not seem that big of a deal compared to how awesome this stroller seems.

I was a bit apprehensive about it at first and thought I would wait to see if the GT model came out before baby was born... However, I just found out snugglebugz.ca has the versa (open box) on for $300. It is the recalled version but with a brand new (fixed) frame.

Anyway, I thought it was a good deal, and for that price I can always buy another stroller if it doesn't work out quite like I'd hoped so I ordered it. 

Hope this helps you make your decision :)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"