November 2012 Moms
Options

LNCI

I'll start since I may be up awhile. It's 230 here and I've been up with Cole since 130. He's sleepy but wakes when I put him down.

DH went to a concert tonight so it was my first night alone with both kids. It wasn't completely horrible but it wasn't pretty either. DS1 didn't nap at daycare today so he was pretty cranky.

And to top it all off, I get a text from DHs friend at 930 saying another friend bought DH a couple birthday drinks and is it ok if he doesn't drive home til 4 or 5 am. Well yea id rather he not drive home drunk so I guess he'll have to stay with you.

I hate when he says he'd going to do one thing like come home and then does another. And to be honest I'm kinda jealous because I don't have the luxury of just taking off for the night. I mean I can, but a lot if times it's just more work. I swear if he makes one complaint tomorrow about being tired someone will get hurt.

Well that turned into a nice DH vent. I hope everyone else is getting better sleep!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LNCI

• Options
    Ill vent next, my baby girl had her first shots on Wednesday, so tonight she waas fussy and I was all "ooh my poor girl she must want to sleep in the room with me" nope turns out she wanted her crib : she would scream if I put her in the pnp so I went in her room ad she immediately stopped crying as soon as she laid down. I know this is a good thing but my DH goes to work at 2am an I selfishly like having my LO in the same room as me. I hate her in her crib :/ an to top it off today is my birthday and I just woke up at 3 am with a excruciating toothache, ironically I called wednesday to make a appt for Monday for a tooth that's not bothering me. Ooh and we are suppose to get 8inches of snow, during hurricane sandy we lost power for 2 weeks, I am freaking out that we may loose it again because I have 2 95lbs not dog friendly dogs that I have
    No idea what we would do with during a power outage in a blizzard!

Sorry for the vent and the run in sentences, mobile bump and cranky mommy :
  • Options
    Kristen I know how you feel! Ill want to "take a night off" but it's so much more work in the end and I still have to prepare everything and wake up and basically coach my husband while listening to the baby scream so I end up just doing it myself! Good job on getting both kids fed in bed and sleeping happy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Midnight here, the girls have been down for awhile and I'm joining them now. We're at SIL's house for a few days. It's nice to visit but I'll be so glad to see all of our baby conveniences like the swing when we get home. I'm hoping for a much better night tonight since last night was just horrible.

Kristen, I'm with you...I wouldn't have a lot of sympathetic thoughts for him in the morning. I hope he won't be hung over on top of it! Glad to hear being on your own with both LOs for the night went better than you'd anticipated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAT SILENT!!

Baby H had s really rough reflux night last night so when he finslly went to sleep we put him in the LR swing and didn't even bother with the ctibZ plus he's unswaddled after last nights experience, and he typically hasn't given more than an hour at a time unswaddled.
    Trying to decide now if I should try the swing again or put him in the crib.
  • Options

Good morning ladies! 4 am here and CJ is up to eat after sleeping for almost 5 hours. Trouble is DH was late getting home from work (he was supposed to be home at 930but didn't get home till after 11), so I was up an hour later than I wanted in order to spend a little time with him. DH has a conference the next 2 days as well and will be gone 9am-10pm. Today is my last official day of mat leave so I intend to enjoy it. Since it is supposed to snow badly here, We are in the light purple range (12-18inches possible), i am anticipating lots of snuggles and warm comfort foods. 

Hope everyone stays safe and gets some sleep. 

• Options
    Checking in again! It's now almost 5 and Cole is eating again. I finally got him down around 3am after an hour and a half. 5 minutes later DS1 woke up. He just needed a quick cuddle though and was back to sleep. 20 minutes after that DH got home and 20 minutes after that our phones started going crazy with an emergency alert about the storm coming. Thank you apple for letting me know at 345a that there is a storm coming 12 hours from now! So I got about 45 minutes of sleep this round. I think I'll be making room for a nap today!

Happy Birthday silent!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kristen, sorry your H decided to change things up on you. That can be frustrating especially when you're home alone with the kids. I hope he gives you extra help tomorrow!

Silent, happy birthday!

Looks like we're in for a fun storm ladies! I'm in the dark purple region woohoo. We're expected to get 18 to 24 inches. They said not to be surprised if we end up getting 30 plus though. That would be something!

It's 5:15 and M is up for his second feeding. He did a lot better sleeping tonight with two 4 hour stretches. I wore him out though. I took him to a moms group in the am, visited the daycare I used to work at so the kids in my group could see him, and then went to my mom's to visit with my grandparents. We were out from 10 to 6. He naped horribly andeas pretty cranky but he slept well tonight so no complaints from me!
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy birthday silent.

Hope all you ladies expecting a shiz load of snow stay safe, warm and cozy.

It's 3am here, A went down around 9, and I followed suit at 10:30, she's been doing really well these past few nights and sleeping until 7:30.

The days are flying by, and I'm really glad I extended my trip because if I hadn't I would be going home today and I'm not ready for that. I like having my mom around!
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    630 here trying to decide whether to go back to sleep or start doing some work while Baby H is back in his swing. It's pretty quiet in LNCI hope that jeans you ladies are getting sleep.
    I swear my dog keeps me up almost as much as my baby does. Haha.
  • Options

Aw I was hoping I was done with check ins for the night. But here we are.i woke up to CJ screaming, poor little guy had awful gas and was tooting up a storm. I figured I might as well top him up while he's awake. I hope this means we will get another stretch, but he is squirming like crazy in the crib so we'll see.

Happy birthday! 

• Options
    540 here! Rocking B back down to sleep. Hoping it doesn't take too long as I think I'm starting to get sick and I would love a bit more sleep!!

Jealous of all you ladies getting snow. We live in Northern California and winter weather is space. 10 day forecast shows sun everyday, no clouds, mid sixties. I want some winter weather!!

Happy Friday to all you girls!
  • Options
    Thank you guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"