March 2011 Moms

Desperate

My husband and I are lost.. My daughter entire life she has just had an awful attitude from the day she was born.. We have never babied her or allowed her to get away with anything but still yet two months before she is turning two we cannot go anywhere due to her attitude.. She throws the most awful fits not normal toddler fits these fits are slapping mommy or daddy, screaming, just downright disrespectful and usually over nothing... It brings me to tears the humiliation I go thru when I do take her in public... I love my daughter to pieces and I feel as if her attitude is unfair to her and us both.. We have tried time out, we have spanked, we have literally exhausted every option.. I calmly try to talk to her and explain that her behavior is not ok and I get slapped.. I am to the point of seeking professional help! She is good for everyone else in this world but me.. Any help to offer? Or is anyone else experiencing this or am I alone?

Re: Desperate

• I don't know if you'll come back and ready this - but get some professional help.  There very well could be some sort of problem, chemical imbalance, even allergies.  You won't know unless you get it checked out. 

My niece had behavioral problems up until the point that she was 3 years old.  They spoke to a highly recommended doctor who ended up running blood tests.  As it turns out - she's allergic to a lot of things that she's around daily - pet dander, soy, dust mites, as well as a few other things.  Once they figured out what was going on, she was a completely different child!  

Talk to your doctor.  It couldn't hurt, and it very well could help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friend had a baby that also had an allergy and the baby was a different person because his stomach hurt so bad and he wasn't able to sleep. I would ask for help its better to so it now while she's little and you can still control her. Parenting is hard, don't be afraid of asking for outside help. It can't hurt the situation your in now because it sounds like your already going through a lot!
  • Loading the player...
  • How is her speech?  My oldest sounds exactly like her, especially the listening to everyone else part.  After taking her to a neurologist she was diagnosed with a speech processing disorder. She could understand everything but couldn't express herself and she took it out on me and DH.  After a few months of speech she was a different child. And now that she's 6 you would never guess we had an issue in the past. 

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• I would definitely take her to see her doctor.  It could be any number of things, but you won't know unless you get her checked out.  Good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"