Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Help with a play group in Frisco. Please!

Well, we are totally striking out here so far. Meet up is a total bust. The groups in our area are either not accepting new members or are simply not responding to requests. We joined a church and I have contacted their moms group twice with no response. I have reached out to the names of friends of a friend with no response either. :( We're sad and lonely and discouraged. I need a play group for my kids and a book club for myself. Suggestions please! 
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Help with a play group in Frisco. Please!

• Options

How old are your kids?

Have you tried getting in with the Early Childhood PTA in your area? Frisco is known for great schools, so you're bound to meet some moms there with preschoolers. 

You might get "in" at your church if you start volunteering. I don't know what church you go to, but we attend a rather large church and it wasn't until I started serving that I actually started feeling connected. Maybe you could try another church? 

As far as the bookclub, I think I've seen flyers and such posted at our local libraries ... have you tried contacting your libraries to see if they could help point you in the right direction.

As far as a playgroup for the kids, could you try to sign them up for a class at your local rec center? I know those include a cost, but it might be a good way to get to know other kids/families in your area? Maybe you could sign them up for sports (again, not sure how old your children are)?

I'm sorry it's been difficult for you to find a way to get connected. Good luck.  

• Options

Thanks for the thoughts - it gives me some ideas of things I might not have tried yet. The kids (4 and 2) start their gymnastics classes this week so perhaps we'll meet some people there. Because of the free flowing drop off and pick up system at their preschool I haven't been able to meet or talk to other moms there. At their old school we all stood in line for a good five minutes chatting before drop off and pick up which helped get to know everyone. 

I was planning on attending story time this week at our library (we're in Frisco, btw). And while they are in one extracurricular activity right now we're planning on having them do two or three activities during the summer so hopefully they'll meet some people doing that. I think it also hurts that we're in temporary housing right now and not in our neighborhood. And with the cold weather and not being able to play outside or go to parks it makes for a bit of cabin fever. :/

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried just going to the park, or the indoor play area at the mall? I live in Frisco as well, I know all the MOPs programs have wait lists, I have never tried to join one, but I have met tons of moms at the park who are like, oh you should join our MOPs group, but there is a wait list. I found my mom's group at church just by signing up for a women's bible study (our church has child care for the little ones during bible study) and I got really lucky and ended up in a fantastic group of moms. I also do the baby boot camp up at the mall, and we have met some great people through that, I love it, and I get in a good workout.  I hope some of that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We just moved here as well and are in the same boat! Same with me, contacted 2-3 groups, none of which responded. My kids are 3.5 and 16 months. Feel free to pm me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"