Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Baby meats

So per my Pedi we are starting to move on from oatmeal cereal. They asked that I start with meats bc babies tend to not care for them as much. I've just started looking around and I find there are a lot of meat combos with flavors. Are they ok? I would really prefer to feed DD only organic food. TIA!

Re: Baby meats

• I read that you should start with single ingredient foods so that you can be sure that LO can tolerate them (no allergies) before offering combined foods.
    =BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • You can slice off a strip of your steak or london broil and let LO suck on that too.  Baby will get a LOT more iron from it and it will entice them as the flavor is better.  I usually slice off the fatty side of a NY strip and give baby to suck on starting around 4/5 months.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagecarrotsoup70:
    I read that you should start with single ingredient foods so that you can be sure that LO can tolerate them (no allergies) before offering combined foods.

This. And we were told to start with vegetables. She said to do one vegetable three days in a row to make sure LO doesn't have any reactions to it. Then, we can start a different one... same routine though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagediana.filipi:
    You can slice off a strip of your steak or london broil and let LO suck on that too.nbsp; Baby will get a LOT more iron from it and it will entice them as the flavor is better.nbsp; I usually slice off the fatty side of a NY strip and give baby to suck on starting around 4/5 months.

This. I've read that the meat juices actually have the most iron so just sucking on meat can be really good. This way you can easily buy organic too.
  • Ididn't start DS1 on meats until he was 9 or 10 months old. I never gave him pureed meat just teeny, tiny pieces of chicken I was having. Worked well. I've never heard of introducing meat first, but a lot of pedis recommend introducing the least sweet/child friendly foods first. Green veg before orange veg for example.
  • Thank you all for the info. I think I'm just going to end up making my own in a crock pot.
  • I don't think they have organic meat as a single food, they are all combos, we have the same problem 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"