Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sleeping in Crib - hates it!

My 3.5 month old haaaaaates his crib at night but yet takes naps in it during the day!  When we are watching TV during the day I put him on my pillow and he's so content.  He can't really sleep well in his rock & play anymore bc hes too big so if hes fidgety during the night I put him in bed with us and he sleeps right through till 9AM the next day!  I never thought I'd be one to put him in bed but I feel bad because he's so happy and even starts snoring lol..I think he likes the pillow but I know thats not something I could put in the crib.  I was thinking of putting a pillow UNDER his sheet instead of the crib wedge but im not sure if that will work?  Any suggestions?  Anyone else going through this?  I really thought he'd be in the crib by now and since im going back to work in 2 weeks im starting to get a little worried!

Re: Sleeping in Crib - hates it!

• DS just had his first overnight in the crib last night. I was really worried, but I think he's getting too big for his Rnp. He did really well I'm pretty sure it was being snuggled in the Halo SleepSack that helped him last all night! He slept 812:30 and 15. I was really pleased for the first time!
    -LJ
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am trying to transition DS from RNP to crib and started recently trying him in there for naps. I bought a wedge that I put under the sheet to keep him inclined. I also put in the thick crib bumper that came with his bedding. I would never use it at night but have been using it while doing naps with the video monitor because I think it makes the crib area seem smaller and more closed in like the RNP. Once he is used to it enough I will switch to breathable bumper at night ad try bedtime. I guess we should just be consistent and keep trying so they figure out that the crib is where they are supposed to be. The clock is ticking because DS is a big baby, was over 9 lbs at birth and probably around 17-18 lbs now at 14 weeks so he can't safely be in RNP for much longer. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Try placing him in the crib right before he begins to drift off. That way he is aware of his surroundings during his brief awakenings about every half hour. The first night with my little one I was up every half hour but stuck with it for the entire night. When you do go in try to soothe without much interaction. I try not to make eye contact or talk to her at all and if she needs a bottle I keep her in the crib but tuck one hands under her head so that she is slightly elevated. It is very uncomfortable but I've found I'm back to bed much sooner. After that first exhausting night she was trained! The next night it was every two hours and then the following we were back to an initial four hour awakening and then six hours of her days sleeping in her swing. :
  • My LO was the same way, but she got over it. I think it's just a phase

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"