April 2011 Moms

Reached a Milestone

No, not potty training. My adorable and fiesty almost 2 year old had to be taken to the ER Thursday night for splitting his head open. Take it from him: Hardwood floors and socks are not a good combination. He ended up needing two staples, but thankfully, he handled it all like a champ and aside from the initial incident didn't shed a tear and hasn't skipped a beat. Right after it happened we called our neighbor, who is a nurse and has 3 kids of her own, to advise us on where we should take him. The bleeding had stopped but neither my DH or I knew if he needed to be stiched up. She recommended going to the children's hospital. She also offered to stay with our 3.5 year old so that both DH and I could go. We just moved into the neighborhood 4 months ago and although we've exchanged pleasantries, we don't know the family THAT well yet. My parents live 20 minutes away so it was really are only option. We got home around midnight and not only had she gotten DS#1 to bed successfully, giving me a play by play via text, she cleaned the whole downstairs of our house including the bloody bathroom. Sorted toys, emptied lunch bags, washed dishes, put away the leftovers from dinner. She was a saint!! Looking for ideas on how to thank her. I've already ordered a $50 flower arrangement, but that doesn't seem like enough. What gift or gesture says: "I don't know how to re pay you so I'll just say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You were an angel that day!"
Big Boy N - 2009
Little Man Z - 2011
Baby Girl E - 2013

Re: Reached a Milestone

• Oh no!  I'm sorry you guys had to go through that, but I'm glad he's ok.  Socks and hardwoods aren't a good combo in our house, either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • have you ever watched the show Up All Night.  THere's an episode where their daughter is running on the hardwood floors and one of the parents say to the other "are those grippy socks or slippy socks?"  Ever since then DH and I always say this to each other when we see DS running with socks on! 

I'm sorry your little guy had to go through all of that (and you guys too!!)

If you want to give her more, maybe an amazon gift card?  or bake her something?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow. I'm so glad he is ok! They're just little accidents waiting to happen, aren't they?

I think the flowers and a heart felt thank you note are perfect.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Oh no!  Glad he's doing better. 

As for a gift...maybe offer to watch her 3 kids so she can have a night off?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh no, poor kiddo!  What an awesome neighbor, though!!!

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh poor kiddo! Scars are cool though he'll be proud of that one for years to come Stick out tongue. Your neighbor sounds amazing as well, (totally jealous of a good neighbor).
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• OMG, I think I would cry if my neighbor did all that for me. I am sure your neighbor will appreciate the note & the bouquet.  You can also bake her a little something too, everyone loves baked goods!Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"