Blended Families
Options

open letters, fffc, vents, etc?

Here are mine:

Confession--

DH and I are leaving on Monday and will not be back for 10 days. This is the first time we've left the kids since the honeymoon. I'm excited and all, but I'm truly dreading leaving the kids. I've never been away from DD for more than a night and she's such a mama's girl. I'm getting all weepy about it and trying to hide it from DH.

Open letter--

Dear xMIL,

DS loves the photo books you make for him every year. He really does. And I'm glad that you do them--honestly. But does the girlfriend really have to be in so many pictures? She's only met DS maybe 5 times. When DS looks back on these books in 10-15 years, does he really need to see her face everywhere? How likely is it that she's still going to be involved?

And are you aware that she's the homewrecker?

Love, the parent who has your grandson 95% of the time. 

my read shelf:
Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: open letters, fffc, vents, etc?

• Options

Dear 16yo Sister,

The world does not owe you anything just because you live in it.  I don't think there is anything "wrong" with you.  I am beginning to think you are just a b*&%$.  This family has done everything it can to try and help you, and you continue to lie and steal from all of us.  Now you have crossed a line by jeopardizing not one, but both of our parents' jobs in one week.  Life is not easy.  Get it over it. It's only going to get harder. In fact, you are making it even harder than it needs to be.  And you are doing it to yourself.  Noone is ever going to love you like your family does.  But you are pushing us away.  So until you grow up and take some responsiblity, don't expect to be treated as a part of this family.  It has been too many years of your crap for any of us to trust you.  I admit this family is not perfect.  But we do not deserve this.  You can't steal cars and company credit cards and expect us to just stand by.  You have gone too far.  I'm done.

Love,
    Tired of trying

FFFC:  I am counting down to my sister's 18th birthday.  It is breaking my heart what she is doing to my Mom and another of my sisters who still lives at home.  We have tried and tried and tried to help her - nothing changes.  I just want her gone so my mom can relax.  I am very, very close with my other sisters.  But I can't reach this one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

FFFC

I can't stand 12-14 year olds. If DH and I have kids I might have to move out for these three years and he can handle it on his own. Unfortunantly we have 3 of these right now. I don't know how middle school teachers do it! Just with our three we have the moody quiet one, the center of attention thinks he is funny but mostly just rude, and the know it all super emotional thinks she is 25. AHHHHHH! We will make it. We will make it. We will make it.

With the BMs knowing the kids are getting older and will be on there own before we know it (totally understandable) they want to be there best friends and not there mother. You are 35 why are you getting in an instagram arguement with a 12 year old???

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fffc is having a baby was harder than I thought it would be and Dh helps a lot lot more than I thought he would. Finding childcare is a huge nightmare, our baby has some medical issues which are super expensive and the whole not sleeping is sucking the life from dh and I. He's amazing and worth every heartache but a lot a lot of work!

Next fffc dh and I spent absolutely way too much money on SS for his bday and I regret every penny. He's turning into a spoiled, entitled brat and I cannot stand it. He always wants to know how much everyone spends on him and even after that he's asking for more. Between my idiot ILs, Bms family and us, SS thinks money and STUFF is the most important thing. I'm so mad at myself for getting caught up in the spending war but I'm done. Never again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    May I ask what fffc stands for? I'm not familiar with this acronym and it's not in The Bump Glossary.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options

imageandrea99:
    FFFC 1 This week at work has been hell. I usually go in at 6 AM, but this week it's been 5. That hour has killed me. On top of that, yesterday was one of those "everyone's out to get me" days. I was so pissed off when I got home. I took everything out on SD. I feel like sh!t, but it was so easy to do in the moment. She just took it and moved on. She's way too nice to me sometimes. FFFC 2: SD is becoming very independent. She does most things for herself. She is almost to the point of 100 showering and brushing teeth on her own. But she refuses to brush her hair. It's only shoulder length and pretty fine, but she constantly has it in knots. I brush it several times a day. DH and I put it in ponytails and braids. BM refuses to help the cause. I'm about to chop all off!

This is why my DD has the shortest stacked bob (as in its pretty much shaved in the back) haircut.  Its very cute and very very very very very very very very very very very very very easy to take care of. And there are rarely knots.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options

imageandrea99:
    FFFC 1 This week at work has been hell. I usually go in at 6 AM, but this week it's been 5. That hour has killed me. On top of that, yesterday was one of those "everyone's out to get me" days. I was so pissed off when I got home. I took everything out on SD. I feel like sh!t, but it was so easy to do in the moment. She just took it and moved on. She's way too nice to me sometimes. FFFC 2: SD is becoming very independent. She does most things for herself. She is almost to the point of 100 showering and brushing teeth on her own. But she refuses to brush her hair. It's only shoulder length and pretty fine, but she constantly has it in knots. I brush it several times a day. DH and I put it in ponytails and braids. BM refuses to help the cause. I'm about to chop all off!

I still brush my 11 yo's hair, but it is curly and she likes it long.... eh!  I just do it in the morning and have her braid it before bed. 

• Options

FFFC:  SO just was taken out for a month from work for anxiety issues ( has congestive hear failure as well).  I love him beyond belief but it gonna be a long month.  I really hope the house stays clean while I work.  Ugh

Dear XH, congratulations for getting SO removed from your shared work environment.  The ripple has been felt through the entire house, including OUR children.  Shane on you.  Please disappear, ASAP!  

No love, ME 

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Fffc 1 I am mostly a lurker and rarely post and I need to start more because you ladies are fun and I feel like this weird woman who only posts stuff out of the blue and everyone is like "WTF is that chick?"

Fffc 2 BM makes me mad sometimes. Like this weekend she is supposed to keep the boys for their little sister's birthday party, which we agreed to, but when 11yo complained he won't see his dad she told him it was because his dad won't drive to get him in the snow. Really, BM? Sigh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

FFC: When my ILs come to SDs sporting events I always seriously consider not going.  But I suck it up, because she's a great kid and she deserves to have all the support in the stands.  But it makes me dread when my DD is old enough to do stuff like this.  My MIL can't keep her mouth shut.  She likes to air our dirty laundry everywhere and thinking about her ruining my kids' events for me for the next 18 odd years makes me phsyically ill.

Open Letter:

BM,
      We will gladly take your visitation (again)tonight if you don't want it.  And I will have so much fun with your daughter she won't even have time to miss you.  Your loss.

"Just" the SM

SD,
      Nobody knows better than me how frustrating math can be.  But, you can't just say "I don't get it", throw up your hands, and be done.  We're getting you a tutor.  Make the most of it, please.

Your SM

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Options

Dear BM

I love how it's 7 minutes past your pick up time and you still don't know if you will be picking up SS. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Singned, an angry SM 

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMelRC117:

imageguilletskichuk:
    May I ask what fffc stands for? I'm not familiar with this acronym and it's not in The Bump Glossary.

Flame Free Friday Confession

Other days I've seen on The Bump

Open Letter I see done on Tuesdays alot, and UO Thursdays (Unpopular Opinion)

Thanks!

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options
    Dear af,
    It's ok if I'm not pregnant this month. And I have several bfns to prove it. So can you just show up already? Thanks!
    Love,
    The owner of this uterus.
  • Options
    imageSigir:
    Dear af,
    It's ok if I'm not pregnant this month. And I have several bfns to prove it. So can you just show up already? Thanks!
    Love,
    The owner of this uterus.

Weird. Maybe your AF came to visit me, instead. I am soooooo not supposed to be hosting AF for another week and a half, but it seems she has been here for about a week already. I took a test because this is beyond abnormal for me, and it was negative. I wish sue would go away. I'm starting to get nervous. As soon as can, I'll send her back to your house where she belongs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"