Military Families

Canceling cable contract early?

I'm hoping you ladies can help me with this. My Comcast promo has ended and I just signed up with a new deal for a 2 year contract. We are in our 2nd year at this station and should be moving next June. I know we can usually get out of some contracts early for military personnel, but I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice to take the 2 year deal.

They said we don't have to pay the early termination fee if we move somewhere they don't have service.

WWYD? What has been your experienece with things like this?

Thanks!

Re: Canceling cable contract early?

• It should be fine.  They may ask for orders.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• imagesweetpea2003:
    It should be fine.  They may ask for orders.

Yeah I think it will be okay.  Comcast let us cancel when DH got deployed and I went to stay with family.  They did ask for orders though. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrs.mastro:

imagesweetpea2003:
    It should be fine.  They may ask for orders.

Yeah I think it will be okay.  Comcast let us cancel when DH got deployed and I went to stay with family.  They did ask for orders though. 

This for us too, it was really easy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. The early cancellation fee is $75 so not something crazy like cell phones. But I was second guessing my decision. I'll keep it. :)

• I work for a cable company, in the billing department.  Yes, you SHOULD be able to cancel your contract with no issues if they don't service the area (check the contract details).  However, it's not always easy and not always done correctly.  If you are within the 30 days, I would call back to cancel the contract and get a different promo.  Usually the early termination fee is $150 in the beginning and goes down each quarter, after the 30 days.  I'm not trying to scare you, I just want you to know it can get messy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"