New York Babies

City Mini or Bugaboo??

We're trying to decide between the Bugaboo cameleon and city mini and it's driving me crazzzy! I plan on doing A LOT of walking around the city so a sturdy, comfortable stroller is important to me. I'd also like to have the Bassinet option in the beginning but was wondering how practical it is. Obviously love how easy the city mini is to fold but was also thinking of just getting a universal snap n go to put the car seat on for the purpose of quick ins and outs of cabs. Love how smooth the bugaboo is, that it comes with a bassi, and that the seat is reversible. Obviously a big price difference but putting that aside, which is the more practical stroller?? 

Would love to hear people's thoughts/experiences!

Thanks so much!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: City Mini or Bugaboo??

• did you look into the UppaBaby Vista? Less expensive and more functional than the Bugaboo. Also has the bassinet option.
  • We registered for the Bugaboo.  That recall does not affect the new Cameleon3 that came out this fall.  DW and I test drove the Cameleon vs. the Vista and City Mini and the ease of folding the other two just did not offset the ease of pushing and smooth ride of the Cameleon.  Not to mention the style.

BTW, if you happen to like the All Over Denim cameleon, it is on clearance IN-STORE only (they will call other stores if out of stock) for $899 for the All Over Denim COMPLETE set (stroller + fabric included).  That's $160 off the current price online and I believe $240-250 off the original price (originally cost extra, more than a normal complete set, as a "limited edition" but has not been replaced by that awesome looking sand/Sahara limited edition).

• Loading the player...
  • We have the uppa baby vista and the city mini. The uppa baby was great when DS was a newborn for the bassinet but other than that it's just okay. I LOVE the city mini and use it much more than the UBV. It's about a 3rd of the price and so light weight and easy to use.
  • I have the City Mini and love it. I wasn't impressed with the Bugaboo. City Mini has a car seat adapter for when the baby is little, or go with the snap and go route. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the bugaboo and love it. 2nd baby and still love it :) if I were to do it again I would buy it again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a new bugaboo 3 and I absolutely love it. I wish I could sell it because I want the new Special edition one that just came out. Nothing handles as well for city dwellers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"